Anyregion changer - FW 4.2E to JP ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by orbbu, Nov 30, 2010.

Nov 30, 2010
  1. orbbu

Newcomer orbbu Newbie

Nov 30, 2010
    United States

I have a Wii FW 4.2E with a WODE, and have successfully followed the tutorial "Modify ANY Wii 4.3 & below".

I enabled the free region hacks, but I have some problems with JP games :

Some don't display any text, (F-Zero GX - JP)
    Some display the text in FR (the langage of my Wii), even if it is a Japanese game (Final Fantasy 4 the years after - JP)
    Some don't works at all ...

I presume the problem is that my Wii menu is in French and not Japanese, also I presume that the Japanese font is not even installed.

So, is there a way to install the Japanese langage on my Wii ? the best would be a package that will add the Japanese langage to the wii menu (currently there is 6 langage, but no japanese).

is there a way to change the region of my wii to japan ? I don't care if my wii become 100% japanese [​IMG] (interested only in JP games / GC and WII)

I have found this tool

But I don't know if I can install it on a 4.2e console, also, there is risk of bricking my console, is this the solution I'm looking for ? do I need to install 4.2 JP firmware files ? how ? please help T.T

Thanks in advance [​IMG]
  2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    You may or may not have the jap language. Can you not set the language to jap in the wode loader? Or from cfg usbloader?