Gaming Anyone still waiting for their Wii?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Almost two months since launch and I am still waiting.
I just emailed NCSX, where I am getting mine from, and they are having a little problem with their suppliers on top of the obvious supply issues.
Apprently their suppliers are charging $353.50 for each console rather than the normal $249, and as such they aren't buying any at that price.

Is anyone else still on back order or having trouble finding one?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMPOSSIBLE to find one where I am. The only store that gets a few every other week or so sells them in bundles for £300+, and I don't want to spend that much just because Nintendo is mucking around. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're still hard to find in the US as well, I refreshed like hell and got in online for an order that's been sent to me a month ago. To me, this is arguably the greatest console I've purchased and I think Nintendo is genius in marketing this the way they've had and I honestly think the supply choke is just to hype the system up more. On the other hand, there is a rumor that many stores in the US are holding their stock for this weekend....so this weekend in the US is supposed to be the next big day for scalpers and wii seekers alike.

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find any around me at all, or even extra controllers for that matter! Plenty of games in stock though. However I'm holding out for some better single player titles such as Mario or Metroid before I get the system (already have Zelda for my Gamecube), though I played Wii sports and that is VERY fun.

nevixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't seen any wii in the shops here in The Netherlands yet. But with 'pre-ordering' in a few stores here you would probably have one within two weeks.

[edit] I haven't seen any wiimote in the shops neither. Nunchucks can easily be purchased, just like most games. [/edit]

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to see a Wii in a store. Hell, I haven't even ever seen a Remote or Nunchuck in a store yet! I'm in Illinois, USA.

I don't think there's a genuine supply choke, I think they're producing pretty fast as the numbers keep going up at an astounding rate (4 million units last I checked). The word on the street is that the demand is actually higher now than at launch week, meaning that it's even harder to find these things. Soon enough at this rate the market will saturate and those that want one right now will mostly have them, so the store shelves will start to fill. I hope this happens by March, personally.

jbob2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also been told by several retail stores in my area to expect a shipment this weekend sometime (fri-mon) so that report seems valid, since im getting the same story from a dozen different retailers.

Im hoping to snag one by friday, if not, ill have one by monday.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've actually seen them in local targets when I was there @ the right time, I bought 2 then (well, me and gf 1 each) and gave 1 to a friend and another to my brother. The remotes aren't too hard to find @ local walmarts here. And I'm in a major city in California, so it's all about timing I guess.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with tama_mog. I was in a Florida Target on Dec 27th, and just happened to be there right after they unloaded 6 Wii's from the truck. I had a hard time finding remotes, so I ordered the component cables and an extra wiimote from Nintendo.com, and they both arrived in 2 days. I was expecting it to take longer. I highly recommend ordering direct for those peripherals.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
there are tons of people in my area still waiting for there wiiiiiii

sadly there are plenty of ps3 in stock can you believe that !

PS3s everywhere. I have yet to see any Wiis, remotes or nunchucks though.

I'm counting down the days...

I work 2 blocks away from the Nintendo store in NYC and I go in almost every day... they are always sold out!! I go into several EB's in NY and they are always sold out... but funny enough I always get this answer "Sorry we're sold out, but we do have PS3's"...I laugh and say "nah...I'll wait for the wii".

What sux is that today was the first time i played the wii...OMG, you can buy wii and play wii sports and be satisfied!!! It's so much damn fun. Red steel is okay, AI is kinda lame. ZELDA ROCKS!!! nuff said.

I made the right decision to wait for wii. I'm jus afraid that now I'll spend all my money on the virtual console
cry.gif

I need my wii fix badly!!

blahperson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting too
frown.gif
oh well, Can't find any in the stores around here but I have to wait until I get back to Australia anyways .. Eeep .. can't wait, just dying to play zelda!

Blahperson.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
my friend has been looking since launch when he said "you're crazy to go at 6am they won't sell out!" now he's calling the local stores every2-3 hours.

anybody in or near Toronto know of a location with wiis?

MaDDaWg836

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i picked up my gem yesterday and EB. i called at 11:20 and they opened at 12. I was expecting to get a no answer and they said, ACTUALLY we do but we open at 12 and there is a line outside and they had 21
ohmy.gif
. I thought there would be a storm so i rushed over and i counted about 21 actually people in front of me (including kids in case their parents walked away). Well they gave out tickets and i was #14 out of 21
bow.gif
rofl2.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thought I would update and vent a little.
I should have my Wii by now, but I don't.
It's looking like its been lost somewhere.
On top of all that I got Wario Ware this morning, I now have a nice collection of Wii accessories and games that I can't play.

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got mine tonight, just finished a round of wii bowling and the kids are playing Wario right now. For folks around Kansas City, Target in Martin City and Belton both recieved around a dozen today. While I bought mine I watched 4 more walk out the door within 15 minutes.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine today! I was lucky and there was 1 Wii instock at Target when I went there to buy a few games for birthday presents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1