Hacking Anyone reputable sell DSTT with the GBA Pak anymore?

JFC1976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally diving into the NDS Flash Cart realm and was really intrigued with GBAtemp's review of the DSTT with the Rumble Pak (slot-2) and GBA Expansion Pak (slot-2). I'd like to run a bunch GBA Roms (and their save files) off of my microSD and as far as I can tell the DSTT is the only "all in one" solution for doing this (please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm still gathering information at this stage).

The problem is that I can't seem to find anywhere which sells the DSTT+GBA bundled anymore. I've found a few places which have the Rumble Pak bundled, but that's not the expansion I'm interested in.

Can anyone recommend a reputable place which either sells the GBA Pak separately (for a good price) or has it bundled with the DSTT (again, for a fair price).

Thanks in advance for your help!
- JFC

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JFC1976 said:
I'm finally diving into the NDS Flash Cart realm and was really intrigued with GBAtemp's review of the DSTT with the Rumble Pak (slot-2) and GBA Expansion Pak (slot-2). I'd like to run a bunch GBA Roms (and their save files) off of my microSD and as far as I can tell the DSTT is the only "all in one" solution for doing this (please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm still gathering information at this stage).

The problem is that I can't seem to find anywhere which sells the DSTT+GBA bundled anymore. I've found a few places which have the Rumble Pak bundled, but that's not the expansion I'm interested in.

Can anyone recommend a reputable place which either sells the GBA Pak separately (for a good price) or has it bundled with the DSTT (again, for a fair price).

Thanks in advance for your help!
- JFC

Though I have a DSTT and I love it, I'd go with an AceKard 2 if I were you. Also psxboy.com has the eWin 2-in-1 that is bundled with the DSTT (But the one with DSTT has a different sticker
tongue.gif
) for around $14. If you don't have a DS Lite you'll want to get an EZ Flash 3-in-1 (GBA Sized) from realhotstuff.com or gameyeeeah.com. Bri will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the AceKard 2 works with eWin 2-in-1.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the realm of GBAtemp
smile.gif

DSTT isn't the only "all in one" solution for doing what you asked. You just need the right combo of Slot 1 and Slot 2. Theres a thread for just that somewhere around here... >_

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA expansion cart and rumble pak that used to come bundled with the DSTT are nothing special -- they are just the eWin 2in1 and eWin rumble. Other GBA expansion carts such as the EZ 3in1 work just as well with the DSTT, and in fact the DSTT has less support for GBA expansion packs than other flash carts such as the Acekard 2. With the DSTT, you have to use a loader program such as GBA ExpLoader to play a GBA game or to use the Opera browser, but the Acekard 2 using the Bliss menu will allow you to play GBA games or use the browser by clicking on them directly from the menu.

So get an Acekard 2 and either the eWin 2in1 (the same one that used to come bundled with the DSTT) or the EZ 3in1.

If you must have rumble, the EZ 3in1 has a crappy rumble built-in or you can get an eWin rumble pak (same one that sometimes comes bundled with the DSTT) which costs around $4 and is better than the rumble that is built into the EZ 3in1.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is cheap and a great cart, particularly for people who want the simplest menu available (children, the technically challenged, etc.)

But for the average user, I'd say the Acekard 2 is much better.

Heck, the DSTT doesn't even sort ROMs after all this time, and it seems increasingly unlikely that it ever will.

-Bri

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
The DSTT is cheap and a great cart, particularly for people who want the simplest menu available (children, the technically challenged, etc.)

But for the average user, I'd say the Acekard 2 is much better.

Heck, the DSTT doesn't even sort ROMs after all this time, and it seems increasingly unlikely that it ever will.

-Bri

I got the DSTT mainly because it seems like it does everything the AceKard 2 does, but the cart is better built. I don't like things with clips, they tend to break.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
True, the DSTT is sturdier, but probably only because it's glued shut. I think if you glued an Acekard 2 shut, it would be equally sturdy.

As for a DSTT doing everything an Acekard 2 does -- not even close. Let's start with sorting ROMs!

Don't get me wrong, the DSTT is a very good cart, and I personally think it's great for kids because it's incredibly simple to use and very fast loading games.

-Bri

JFC1976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some minor deliberation, I ordered an AceKard2 ($23) and an EZFlash 3-in-1 ($19) from DealExtreme for $42 (free shipping).

*** Hopefully that neogba dude won't go on a DealExtreme tirade in this thread as well, but I guess we'll see.
rolleyes.gif

I'll let you know how long it takes for DX to ship, what condition the products are in, and what my overall assessment of the AceKard2 and EZ 3-in-1 ...

Looking forward to it, thanks to everyone for your help - I do appreciate it!
yaynds.gif

- JFC

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you'll be pleased with the Acekard 2. Put the Bliss menu on it, not the official one (or if AKAIO is out by then, put that one on instead).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up