DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a relatively new site. I don't trust it and hey, it's always good to take precautions. The site I used to buy my CycloDS is realhotstuff. They have a great reputation, the price is $2 lower than dealwoot (but they don't have free shipping). However, their Cyclos are in stock right now and you can be guaranteed a current model from them.

I'm not bashing dealwoot, in fact, I'd love to see how it turns out. Keep us updated, as many members will appreciate any feedback for new flash card dealers.
smile.gif

Edit: Listen to sinkhead's advice, it's always good to use Paypal in case of scams.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess none of you bothered to read the faq on their page. they are listed as an authorized retailer on team cyclop's page.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always use realhotstuff.com, like several others tempers around here. I purchased 2 more Cyclos a few weeks ago for $51 each. Had to pay a little for shipping, but that's still a good deal from a well-respected site. Dealwoot is probably ok, but I'd stick with realhotstuff, since so many have had good experiences with them.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone that ordered one through here let me know if it is the newest model of the CycloDS? I've been tempted to order it from here because with free shipping it makes it seem like it is the best price. I would buy it from Real Hot Stuff, but they will end up taxing me since I am from NJ which is where they are located. Not that the tax would be much, but every penny helps.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems that all Black versions of the CycloDS are HW 1.1, which is the newer version.

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are getting in new stock, including Black ones, so I can't imagine any being the old hardware.

I ordered black, since my main ds is black.

JamesTBrewer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the plunge yesterday and ordered it from dealwoot using paypal.

There is a new update on thier site stating that Team Cyclops has pushed back delivery 10 days. They say they will refund anyone who wants to cancel there order. Not sure if im going to myself, but thats the status right now. It may be too good of a deal to cancel, $55 plus a Hori screen protector shipped.

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just saw the news
frown.gif

I suppose it depends how much of a hurry you are in. I have a slot-2 card so I can still play now anyway. Plus I would like to get it from someone in LA to reduce any potential return shipping costs if I have a problem.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I kinda figured they might have pushed it back, but I am in no rush because I have still yet to pick out the best SD card for me.

I am thinking about either a 2gb or 4gb sized card, but I am sure that 2gb would be plenty as all I plan on putting on there is DS games.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best 2 and 4 gb MicroSD cards? There are too many to choose from damn it, haha.

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For 2GB get a Kingston made in Japan if possible.

I ordered this one from buy.com a couple months back and got a Japan one. It was on sale though.

They do have this one on sale now for $10.95, can't hurt.

I'm not sure on a MicroSDHC one, since I haven't gotten one yet. But you probably want to make sure it is a faster kind. I'll leave it up to someone with firsthand or better knowledge to let you know what to look for.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes I was thinking a Kingston as well for the 2 GB. As for the SDHC cards, I hear all sorts of different opinions on which ones work best. I have heard some decent stuff aobut A-Data, and I was wonering if this card is a good choice?

A-Data 4GB Micro SDHC Class 6

It is Class 6, so it should be fast enough to handle and rom without any slowdown...hopefully.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was also looking around on the Team Cyclops forum last night and came across a good amount of people with the A-Data 4GB Class 6 card who said that it was a pretty good card.

I also read into that thread last night and it seems that it has fast read / write speeds, so that is good enough for me. I can't argue with that price either
smile.gif

Only thing I have left to do is e-mail Dealwoot and ask them if I qualify for the upgraded shipping that they are giving people who pre-ordered the CycloDS before May 30th... even though I ordered mine at 1:00 AM on the 30th. Can't hurt to ask though!

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a good card but it is slow to bring up the in game menu of the cyclo. search a little more and you'll see.

ekin22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made the pre-order last night using PayPal. It looks like noone has it in stock. Now just gotta wait.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I got my DSTT from them in the mail today! I ordered it on sunday and got it today (thursday). It works like a beauty and it was nicely packaged (cardboard box and bubble wrap)! They are a good choice to buy from, it only took 4 days to get to me!

Team DealWoot

Trophies
Website
www.DealWoot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

We received our first shipment of CycloDS yesterday. With this first batch, we have shipped all Pre-Orders placed before May 31 via free upgrade to 2-3 Priority Delivery and are still updating shipping information - tracking information will be updated shortly. Our second batch is arriving shortly. We will ship all Pre-Orders placed after May 31 by Monday, June 16th. In addition to Pre-Orders, we also have a limited supply that will be available after Pre-Orders are shipped.

We thank all whom placed their orders with us and for their strong support!
smile.gif

Regards,
Team DealWoot

YodaJM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got mine today!
yaynds.gif

Helps that I live in LA, and not too far away from where they ship from.

Setting it up now, and just in time for the latest firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: