Hardware Anyone know of a reliable webstore selling SP housings?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a severely beat-up backlit SP off of eBay earlier this week - while it works fine, and the screen is flawless, there's some deep scratching and chipping. Originally my plan was to repaint the thing before looking into a replacement housing, but a small chip of the bottom by the cart slot broke right off, so it's never going to look decent without a new case. I've been looking at replacements, but it's not as easy as it used to be.

What I've looked at so far:
Ebay - $6-7 shipped, but I'm in the middle of a dispute with them. I'll go with them if I can't find a decent alternative.
Dealextreme - They've still got listings up, but all of them are out of stock. No idea if they plan on restocking.
Amazon and Aliexpress - generally reliable, but also $10-16 a piece. Not quite what I want to pay.
ColorApples - they appear to be a real webstore, but the only reviews I can find are generally negative, and the only color they have is black (I'd prefer a red or cobalt, honestly).
Other stores - I've come across a handful of other sites that allegedly still have some in stock, such as wedealbox and tt-store, but I can't find anything to verify that the sites are real or still in business. They both take PayPal, so worst case scenario I get my money back after a month or two, but it's not a road I'd like to go down.

If anyone else can offer some help or insight, that'd be great.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought one from dealextreme, they were really good looking and the material seemed to be of good quality. Too bad they don't sell it anymore.

Just be careful when changing the housing, when I did that I ended up breaking my gba sp. :cry: Remember that having an ugly handheld is better than a broken nice-looking one.

But if you really gonna do it, at least follow some disassembly/assembly guide or video for the gba sp.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm more than paranoid enough to use guides whenever I do anything that might break something. Hell, I had to use a guide the first time I replaced my laptop RAM. But the chip that came off the bottom of the cart is right about where I'd place my right middle finger when playing, and my only alternatives would be taping/gluing the piece back on or putting it in some sort of external shell.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: