Hacking Anyone know how to remove a screen protector

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
might not work for you, but due to my sharp eyes, i noticed a small "opening" near one of the corners, so i stuck my stylus there and just pulled and pulled for a minute and it came off. but you might have put it on pretty well.
biggrin.gif

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
This is what I do and it works perfectly every time. Take a small piece of transparent tape(use like 3M or something good quality because you want good adhesive) and place it on one of the corners of the screen protector. Make sure it's just on the protector and not the ds. Press it on firmly (not breaking the touch screen or top LCD screen obviously) and let it sit for a moment to adhere while holding the other end of it with your finger. Then pull the tape up removing it in almost the opposite fashion you applied(pull torwards the center or torwards the top or bottom) it and it should remove the protector. They tend to not be attached with super type adhesives so it should remove fairly easy. If it doesn't work the first time try again. This does work though, I promise, I've done it with 3 prior sets I had and works like a charm every time. Wish ya well.
lecture.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I used needles. I put it on one of the four corners, depends on the opening, and slide it towards the protectors. Be very careful as you might poke the touchscreen itself. I didnt knew there was no protectors and I opened the touchscreen. Got it replaced though

Regards,
Chris

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow, how hard can it be?

Are you guys using those genuine Hori protectors or something? Are they super adhesive, or do they fit within the frame of the screen with nanometre precision?

I guess there's a lot to be said for using el cheapo screen protectors. They're dead easy to remove, for one thing.

I just gently work a pointy wooden toothpick under one of the corners of the protector, then lever it up until the plastic starts to lift. Grasp the raised corner firmly between finger and thumb and carefully peel the rest away. Done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1