Anyone interested in supporting my band?

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm the drummer in a band called Aurum Star and we are currently trying to form a fanbase. We submitted a song to a myspace contest that devided bands between two categories: USA and EUROPE, then allows myspace users to vote on which ones they feel are the best. We are currently in the top 5 of all of the USA groups that entered and that's pretty frickin' good considering how many signed up. We would like to stay high in the ranks because if we win, we get our song in the upcoming Burnout game as well as a record deal with Virgin Records!! Pretty darn cool if you ask me. All you have to do is go to the Burnout Bandslam page, click on the image of the American Flag, click the image of my band (It's a picture of the four of us standing around a parked car, and I'm leaning on it), and give us a 10! We should be located on the first page, but it's possible we could be on page two. It would be awsome if we could have some GBA Temp friends on our page so please add us if you like us! We really could use the support!
-Jake

Our Myspace
Where you vote!

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The chorus sounds quite tool-ish :|

I would vote dude, but I don't really wanna sign up for an account on myspace
frown.gif

Good luck though, getting a record deal and hearing your song in a popular game would be pretty chill
toot.gif

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, thanks. The other three members of the band are really big Tool fans, so that would explain the similarity. And don't worry about not signing up, I'm just glad you dug the music!

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would vote for you guys, but i dont see the profile pic there...
wink2.gif

Edit: found u guys, voted.. You were on page 3
frown.gif

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks alot you guys. i really appreciate the feedback, whether you are capable of voting or not. We are now on page 4 just so you all know, but that doesnt bother me due to the fact that there are 141 pages of bands now. I'd consider that pretty high up on the foodchain at th is point i suppose. Now we just gotta keep it that way! : ) Oh, and in response to MaHe, you are quite wrong. I'm not sure if you've heard of a little thing called "promotion". It's what many bands do to get their name out early in their career. For instance: myspace posts, newspaper or magazina blurbs, and simple word of mouth. These are all valid expamples of how the band themselves would start a buzz and aid in the formation of a fanbase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill