Hacking Anyone have any news whatsoever about Gateway 3DS multi-ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you guys think for a moment that maybe they are delayed because THEY GET THOUSANDS OF EMAILS A DAY ASKING WHERE IT IS AND THEY HAVE TO SPEND TIME RESPONDING??

STOP EMAILING THEM AND BE PATIENT!! You're doing nothing but make them waste time responding to your stupid email.

Reactions: digipimp75

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
do you guys think for a moment that maybe they are delayed because THEY GET THOUSANDS OF EMAILS A DAY ASKING WHERE IT IS AND THEY HAVE TO SPEND TIME RESPONDING??

STOP EMAILING THEM AND BE PATIENT!! You're doing nothing but make them waste time responding to your stupid email.

Don't they have a PR to respond to E-Mails? There's no need for the main dev(s) to bother to respond to the emails, when a PR can handle them. That's what a PR is for, to communicate with the public.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't they have a PR to respond to E-Mails? There's no need for the main dev(s) to bother to respond to the emails, when a PR can handle them. That's what a PR is for, to communicate with the public.

I doubt a PR rep ranks very high in the necessary personnel list in a two or three man company.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow doubt that any company who has coders and programmers in its employ doesn't have someone who isn't actually actively helping to write code or programming who would be available to help out with clerical work.

It wouldn't be a bad gig, at all, to sit around replying to emails all day long. Point being, I doubt the Gateway 3DS team is a one-man show.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country

Did they not reply to your mail?

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless she's their head coder :P

Just sent them an email begging for info... Figure they gotta break their silence some time.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People don't know what patience means.
I have to agree with you there. But honestly, the gateway team shuts down any conversation anyone tries to start up with them. They wouldn't be getting so many emails if we knew what they were doing. All they do is respond with a sentence or two saying "very soon" or "we are working on it." working on what? Could they at least tell us what they are working on since it seems like the are working on a whole lot more than just multirom, trust me (bricking code perhaps?)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with you there. But honestly, the gateway team shuts down any conversation anyone tries to start up with them. They wouldn't be getting so many emails if we knew what they were doing. All they do is respond with a sentence or two saying "very soon" or "we are working on it." working on what? Could they at least tell us what they are working on since it seems like the are working on a whole lot more than just multirom, trust me (bricking code perhaps?)

You think that's bad on that site, the same happens on the GW support forums, any topic the mod (Gary) doesn't agree with in regards to the GW progress, he locks the topic like a coward, so, really, it only leaves users in the dark.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm beginning to think the real reason behind the brick code was to stop the mail asking about 2.0 rather than the clones. :P

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm beginning to think the real reason behind the brick code was to stop the mail asking about 2.0 rather than the clones. :P
"We don't want to answer questions about our product to users so we are going to brick everyone to scare him off and stop our sales"

Makes a lot of sense. :P

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you kidding me? I'm waiting for 2.0 since the October announcement.
They could at least give us an update.

After the incident that happened with the bricking going around, the best WE can do (as for we I meant you two) is to wait about what Gateway does, they already announced the 2.0 firmware and if they're working on it then they are really working on it, patience is virtue.

Reactions: placebooooo

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking back at some of gateway's previous site updates and emails and as far as I can tell, when they say they're going to release something in a few days, they always do. It may not be what we want to see but to their credit they do release some type of update. Now they've been very clear that the 2.0 final will be arriving in days. I've mentioned this before but their releases have always been early on in the week. I fully expect some type of update from them by Tuesday, whether it's the actually release or some info on why it's been delayed. Anyway, just my two cents and observations.

arlips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since they said it will release before the end of February I won't start worrying until March 1 if it's not here by then, and even then it wouldn't surprise me since a lot of unexpected problems can crop up with this type of development. The month is only a day more than half over and for all we know the whole thing is being coded/designed/tested by one person with a lot of knowledge.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just throwing this out there you guys:
Do you all think that after this release we may never actually see another update again?I personally feel as if they have been working too hard but they earned the money they need so they are about to say to themselves "meh, forget this"Honestly, to me, I would be satisfied with gateway if they make all future games compatible, make the eshop always be accessible somehow by emunand and updateable always, and finally, to have online play through gateway. I would then feel as if their purpose would be filled. What guarantees that they won't just drop their project just like the other 20 flashcart companies that have dropped updating their cards for ds systems. Would the only reason that would keep them here and providing updates is that they are the only legitimate 3ds flashcart?

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will continue to work on updates as long as cloners don't flood the market and kill their profit margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv