Gaming Anyone excited about Maplestory DS?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DeMoN said:
I'd probably be excited at first, then realize that I need to speak Korean to be able to play the game properly, so I wouldn't care about it much in the end.
Translation patch pl0x.
That doesn't really matter, unless you really care for the story. It's Maple, so to me it doesn't need a story.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
DeMoN said:
I'd probably be excited at first, then realize that I need to speak Korean to be able to play the game properly, so I wouldn't care about it much in the end.
Translation patch pl0x.
That doesn't really matter, unless you really care for the story. It's Maple, so to me it doesn't need a story.
But some people don't feel like memorizing what each stat does esp. when Maple is all about pumping stats into x and y category :I

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was so very exited to get this game, until years later, it never came out. I was hoping for a DS to Computer meso exchange, so that I would be rich on the MMO version, but now I don't play anymore. what a shame.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually would be in support for a translation for this. We don't know even know if it will be a US release as well so translaters will actually have a purpose for this game instead of just giving a part translation because they know Nintendo will release it in English eventually.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
judging on how popular this game is in the US too, I'm pretty sure it will be realeased in the U.S. I just hope that when I try it out, it won't be crap. xD.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tails100 said:
I just hope maplestory DS doesnt have PQ's and you gotta keep on training on them..... I h8 maplestorys repeatable pq's they are so boring.

PQs were one way to level. Don't like them? Grind. Don't like either? Why even play it?

Does anybody know what, if any, online features this has?

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
May it be true that some Korean friends requested from scene for not to release it because it will be a major income for Korea. At least held it back for a couple of weeks to make game sell enough ?

I have my game even it's not arrived yet, and I will wait until it arrives to keep my grinding and exp on my cartridge. But this kind of request wouldn't be fair since Japanese and US roms are released instantly.

DoodleMaestro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stonegolem said:
May it be true that some Korean friends requested from scene for not to release it because it will be a major income for Korea. At least held it back for a couple of weeks to make game sell enough ?

I have my game even it's not arrived yet, and I will wait until it arrives to keep my grinding and exp on my cartridge. But this kind of request wouldn't be fair since Japanese and US roms are released instantly.
Yeah, no.
Scene releasers don't give a damn.
If a company could stop a rom from getting dumped, then everyone would do it for every game.
Nobody wants their game pirated.

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DoodleMaestro said:
stonegolem said:

Yeah, no.
Scene releasers don't give a damn.
If a company could stop a rom from getting dumped, then everyone would do it for every game.
Nobody wants their game pirated.

Yes, nobody wants their game pirated including me. I am a game developer as well. But a tiny one ^^ - still I wouldn't want that
The gossip I heard was not a company who requested that, but a friend of scene guys. A patriotic guy.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are any of the main distributors on this game? im just wondering so I dont have to keep checking my sources. Nexon does hate piracy due to the private servers in us, but dont know about korea.

Patience is the key! I hope.

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twoacross said:
Are any of the main distributors on this game? im just wondering so I dont have to keep checking my sources. Nexon does hate piracy due to the private servers in us, but dont know about korea.

Patience is the key! I hope.

Nexon and Wizet both of them are South Korean Companies, and they hate all piracy/hack related stuff.

When I was living in S.Korea I was playing MapleStory on Korean Servers. After a couple of weeks later they banned me from their MapleStory servers. I asked them the reason and they actually LIED to me. They told me that they detected my IP connected outside of Korea which was prohibited. Actually I was living in Korea and they just guessed it because I was speaking English with other players. I told them that I live in Korea and I can personally visit them. From that moment, no one replied any of my e-mails
smile.gif
They are "paranoid" about hacking stuff and they go out of boundaries of realism when it comes to protect their stuff. And I forget to mention... You need a Korean ID (yes, citizenship ID) in order to play on their servers !!! .. what did I say ? Paranoid... yes.

DoodleMaestro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't see what's so bad about private servers.
I'm paying the private servers just as much as I payed Nexon.
Which is to say, nothing at all.
Private servers have a more exclusive crowd also.
Less stupid people.
And cutting out the grind is ALWAYS welcome.

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DoodleMaestro said:
Honestly, I don't see what's so bad about private servers.
I'm paying the private servers just as much as I payed Nexon.
Which is to say, nothing at all.
Private servers have a more exclusive crowd also.
Less stupid people.
And cutting out the grind is ALWAYS welcome.

You can dispute every one of those points. The exclusive crowd can be much more fun, but in the same sense buying anything gets -way- harder because there's a much smaller market.

Less stupid people also means less smart people.

As for the grinding, not only do most servers make it worse (You can get to 200 in one day, but then you can rebirth 2,000 times!!), but I think the grind is nice. Nothing feels more accomplishing than hitting 3rd job, as well as making you part of the 'elite', in a way. In a private server you can't really look up to anybody, because of the lack of effort in doing anything. There are low rate servers, but it still applies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo