Anyone ever seen a CECHA01 NTSC/U thats mij?

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am talking about a NTSC U/C CECHA01 thats made for the north american market. I think I have mostly seen made in china MTK CECHA01.

Is this anything rare or special? I am just curious. It does have the better japanese power supply and nidec fan.

I know that japanese CECHA00 are all made in the japanese factory but havent seen too many cecha01

Pic below:
cecha01_mij.jpg

Last edited by gamba66,

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Japan and the US both use NTSC.
I am not talking about NTSC. I only mentioned NTSC U/C since its the american market. Japanese is NTSC J

I mean the factory. Its usually made in china for a CECHA01 (NTSC U/C) while its made in japan for the CECHA00 (NTSC-J)

There is a chinese and a japanese factory and they use different parts but same specifications of course. China for example uses the delta fan and japanese use nidec fans. I also think they use different power supplies.

Compare to this sticker and look on the bottom right and compare it to my screenshot. Most american 60gb FATs with BC are MTK Factory MIC afaik

cecha01mtk.jpg

Last edited by gamba66,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not talking about NTSC. I only mentioned NTSC U/C since its the american market. Japanese is NTSC J

I mean the factory. Its usually made in china for a CECHA01 (NTSC U/C) while its made in japan for the CECHA00 (NTSC-J)

There is a chinese and a japanese factory and they use different parts but same specifications of course. China for example uses the delta fan and japanese use nidec fans. I also think they use different power supplies.

Compare to this sticker and look on the bottom right and compare it to my screenshot. Most american 60gb FATs with BC are MTK Factory MIC afaik

View attachment 421122

Well different factory would use different part depending if one part is available or not. Also keep in mind China use 220V and Japan and US use 120V.

Reactions: BigOnYa

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well different factory would use different part depending if one part is available or not. Also keep in mind China use 220V and Japan and US use 120V.
You're reading it wrong.

OP is talking about how their US CECHA01 is manufactured in Japan, while other US CECHA01 they've seen, are manufactured in China.

Not parts, not console software region.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're reading it wrong.

OP is talking about how their US CECHA01 is manufactured in Japan, while other US CECHA01 they've seen, are manufactured in China.

Not parts, not console software region.

Sony probably change the location where their product are manufactured, China does a lot of product manufacturing, so it was common for one country to manufacture in another country.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto