Anyone any experience with spielite.de?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by SpaceJump, Dec 26, 2014.

1. SpaceJump
    OP

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    A few weeks ago my Gateway card started acting bad. I get a SPI test fail. Today I even got an FPGA test fail, where the red cart wasn't recognized at all.

I ordered at spielite.de, which was an official reseller at that time. I wrote them a message a few weeks ago, but they haven't replied to me at all.

Does any have any experience with that shop?

2. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Update: Sent them another message through their contact form and got a mail back from the Mail Delivery System about the mail delivery failed. Don't know what to make of this, but this isn't exactly what I would call customer service... :mellow:

3. Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Reeperbahn
    Shops like Spielite and many other Chinese Shops are well known for their bad Customer Service, i can give you a trustful contact of an German Gateway Seller wich gives full warranty and is anytime reachable.

Liberty likes this.
  4. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Sounds good. What is that shop's name?

5. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    Would like to know too

6. RayBlackX

RayBlackX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I would go with playmods. They are from UK but there customer service and so on is great!

7. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    But why would they even become a "trusted Gateway reseller" if they are well known for their bad Customer Service?

8. Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Reeperbahn
    Money rules the world, cause they have paid for Advertising.

9. spielera

spielera Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Deeply sorry for all inconvenience. Not we could not response you in time, but we just receive this email from spam folder today. Warranty is one year for gateway 3ds, but you can return back this issue card to repair , since you guy ordered it over than 1 year and 3 months.

10. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    But I wrote you an email about this over 3 months ago, which you didn't reply.

11. nilfisk

nilfisk Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    I received a dead Sky3DS from Spielite a few weeks ago. Got exchanged for a new one without problems (they even returned a blue-buttoned one for the red one I sent in), and they also included a free 4MB micro SD with it.

I've had my share of bad experiences with chinese online retailers, but Spielite is legit, imho.

12. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Did you have to sent your old cart back (which of course makes sense)? How long did the exchange take?

13. nilfisk

nilfisk Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006

Yes, they required me to send back the broken one, and waited for it to arrive before sending out the replacement. The whole exchange took about 3 weeks (back and forth).

14. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    That makes sense. Hopefully I'm offered the same service.

15. Liberty

Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Name?

16. Sapphire2408

Sapphire2408 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Well, I got my Sky3DS from bestekauf.com, and their support is great. Their German and English are bad, but they reply really fast and they are reliable.

17. spielera

spielera Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'm so sorry for the late reply. because I didn't notice the email from spam. pls send the broken one back to us.

18. forevercc

forevercc Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I do not know this shop. But I know a shop called elespiel.com. My friend recommended it to me .
    Whether delivery or customer service is very quickly. But also shipped from Hong Kong and fedex shipping cost is a little expensive.

19. ScorpidVenom

ScorpidVenom Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Netherlands
    My experience with Spielite is the opposite of mentioned here.
    The way i was treated with them was rly friendly, good ways to communicate, and they make me feel like a customer.
    another way that i found rly good was that i could pay with an option that was not present on their website.
    I would buy here again in the future

20. Cygen

Cygen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Sorry if this may be a bit off topic but I have to ask: Is any of the mentioned sites especially reliable AND (more importantly for me) does ship from within the European Union?(or can you suggest one?)
    I always played with the thought of buying a Gateway or Sky so I dont have to swap my carts all the time but the Chance to pass trough customs is kinda small with Chipment from Asia and sadly not every Shop clearly states from where they are shipping.