Gaming anymore 3d platformer/adventures i dont know about?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crash of the Titans is a really fun 3D platformer. It brings back a lot of the fun of the PS1 games. The only flaw I had was that it was WAY too short.

Tak Great Juju Challenge is a really pretty 3D platformer. If you can survive the horrible driving minigames, then you might find a good game. I did!

Over the Hedge surprised me. It's a movie game, but it has some surprisingly good platform and sneaking elements that are inspired by Metal Gear Solid. I don't know if you'll like it, but it's worth checking out.

Shame the DS is lacking in good 3D platform games. We know it can pull of decent 3D graphics and decent controls with the Dpad. The developers just don't push it very well. And the Rayman DS port could have been so great, but it was messed up with a terrible framerate and laggy controls. It wasn't the DS' fault since it's done much better in other games. It was just badly ported.

And Soma Bringer is not true 3D. You can move in all directions, but the backgrounds are 2D still images. The characters are the only thing in 3D.

I'll also mention one more game that technically isn't a platformer. It's Pac n Roll. A Pac Man game fully 3D. You use the stylus to roll Pac Man around nice levels. It's fun, so you might try it.

And then Frogger Helmet Chaos is 3D too. And it's definitely a platformer. But the style is an acquired taste. If you've played a Frogger game before, you'll know what to expect. If not, just know that the entire game is based around grid layouts and strategic jumps.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
spyro the eternal night.
a lot of people say bad things about the DS version, but i like it.
Eh, I hated it personally. But that's good if you got some enjoyment out of it. I have to give them small credit for actually trying to put it in full 3D. But the platforming was awkward and the camera annoying. And then you've got that "fog of war" effect when the DS can't handle far draw distances. Overall, I found the game kind of depressing. I REALLY wish they'd port the PS1 games to DS.

A similar game to Spyro's style was Pac Man World 3, but it's pretty hard to deal with and felt lifeless too. Once again, I have to give them a small credit for making it fully 3D and even importing some of the same stage design, but I really didn't like it much.

The best Spyro on DS was New Beginning, but even that one wasn't too great.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I second Crash of the Titans. It's still my favorite 3D platformer on DS. Tak: Ju Ju Challenge was fun...until the driving sequences, which manage to bludgeon the rest of the game to death.
hate2.gif

However, both of those games almost offer more beat`em-up gameplay than platforming, at least compared to a Mario game.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ninja gaiden is suprisingly easier than the xbox versions, im so proud to actually complete one game!
biggrin.gif
but...
hard mode killed me.
anyways, its a good game.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like frogger helmet chaos, I would suggest My Frogger Toy Trials. It sounds like a game made for three-year-olds, but it is actually really fun if you like frogger games. It kinda of puts a Digimon/Pokemon spin on frogger (in terms of the story). The levels are fun, yet challenging at the same time.

I would definitely consider this game to be a sleeper hit in my book.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penguindefender said:
If you like frogger helmet chaos, I would suggest My Frogger Toy Trials. It sounds like a game made for three-year-olds, but it is actually really fun if you like frogger games. It kinda of puts a Digimon/Pokemon spin on frogger (in terms of the story). The levels are fun, yet challenging at the same time.

Frogger Helmet Chaos is great but the story completely sucks.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updowners said:
penguindefender said:

Frogger Helmet Chaos is great but the story completely sucks.
I completely agree, but few people ever play a platformer for the story. If it has a nice one, that's great, but most are bad. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk