Hacking Anybody here experiencing these problems?

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw that there is more than one person complaining about problems with their DSTT carts
here and (*shudder*) here. They seem to be problems with the contacts (the second link being particularly gruesome).

Anyone here experiencing similar problems?

-Bri

Brainy142

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
seems to be a problem with the contacts... 2nd one looks like it fell apart... I hope none of the pecies are in his ds... looks like the problem is build quality... man I can't believe someone could make something as bad as the datel games 'n music... atleast it wouldn't SHREAD... the spring would break after a while... and it was slow...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to experience any hardware issues with either of mine, which have been in use for about two weeks now.

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No real major issues here. That image looks like the card has snagged on something and been forcefully removed. May be worth inspecting the contacts and surrounding area inside the DS Slot 1. I have found with different DS's, the DSTT may require a very slight wiggle from side to side to eject completely. Also, the spring loaded Micro SD slot can also require a wiggle, but I can cope with that

If the DSTT is faulty, just return it for a replacement. I wouldn't butcher it out of curiosity.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are similar complaints for other carts (such as M3 DS Real) as well, so it's difficult to tell just how often defective carts occur. There are even some reports of M3 DS Real carts killing the NDS Lite. I was just wondering if anyone from this forum has experienced similar problems with the DSTT, and so far nobody has so (hopefully) the problems are fairly isolated.

-Bri

pinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got one as well as an R4 and it works a treat, wife uses it everyday and it hasn't left the DS and the SD card hasn't left the cart (she likes the games on there hehe) will let you know if it's a pain to remove.

jscheibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have been using my DSTT for probably 3+ weeks now with little to no issues, have ran into the "freezing" issue on load but remedied that with the shim between the ds and dstt(contact side), cart has not left my DS since as the microsd is spring loaded and i can push it with a fingernail and remove just the microsd card. Had an R4 previously and am liking the dstt better so far.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
weird that 3V will melt plastic like that. I still haven't got mine since dealx didn't want to ship it
frown.gif
I just wanted something different. M3 Real still dominates.

MrN !

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I got 2 from DX last week, and one doesnt work at all [comes up with no card inserted at the NDS home screen] and the other works sometimes. [othertimes the NDS freezes with the warning screen half-drawn on startup]

That same card comes up as "no cart inserted" on my DS Phat. [the partial working is on my ds lite]

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I posted the OP before getting my DSTT. I have since gotten mine and I have to say that I have had no problems at all.

So it's not clear how wide-spread those problems are, but the problems that do occur seem to stem from the cart not making contact properly. I wonder if there wasn't a bad batch or something.

-Bri

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
weird that 3V will melt plastic like that.Â

Not really - http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2837

If there's a defect inside the cartridge that causes it to draw excessive current, that's one possible outcome - note that the melting is centred around pin 8, Vcc. There are three grounds - 1,7,17 - although I suspect that 7 is primarily a signal ground. With 100% of the fault current flowing through the spring that makes contact with 8, it obviously got quite hot - the others, sharing the load, not so much.

What I find particularly odd - and a little disturbing - is that the internal fuses in the DS didn't blow.

HereIsTom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
home.versatel.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have also the DSTT card and have no problems, but I have heard that some people have problems with the contacts.
A tip is to put a small paper in the port for the MicroSD cart and then put in the MicroSD cart.

I would say If you have problems contact your dealer and complain!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee