1. Antihero2007

Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

The first Pokemon games (Red/Blue/Yellow) were great but the other games to me just haven't been so good new new pokemon in them just didn't look so well designed to me. I got my first Pokemon game (Red) before I even knew about the cartoon I just got it and the gameboy because my friends played it and it looked cool I was about 15-16 then so I had the excuse of not knowing what Pokemon was. When I went to buy Gold though oh the shame! I walked in and out of the shop so many times, every time I walked out I thought "it's just a game why do I care what the people in the shop think" but every time I went back in and got close to the game I thought "This games aimed at kids I shouldn't even want it" eventually I just grit my teeth and bought it. I would never go into a shop and buy a game like that again now I'll either order it online or play the rom.

Best Pokemon memory a friend skipped school for four days to raise his pokemon to fight me and I crushed him.

2. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    19 and still kicking pokemon and all other kiddy-games!
    KIRBYYYYY! [​IMG]

I mean, what is there to be emberrased of?
    Shure the Animé is kinda... childish... but the game? Nooo... It's like any other RPG, with a LOT of non-linearity (as in: New characters and things to get and all)...

it's just a game, like any other...if it contains blood, or pokemon, or ultra cool langugae like motherf--- yeah.. you know... it's just a game...

3. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    i play pokemon too (my younger brother dragged me in)

we are 4 1/2 yrs apart, but pokemon somehow brings us together ;-)

and i dont care what my friends say about me being childish ;-P

4. Boemina

Boemina Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm 26 and I don't care if people say it's a kid's game... There's no such thing. If you have fun and enjoy it, that's what matters.

5. xeorix

xeorix Member
    Newcomer

I'm 19 and i love them!

6. Strider

Strider Next to the mainstream

I like you. [​IMG]

Very similar to my story, although details differ.

7. Elixir

Elixir Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I'm 20 and I'll play whatever the hell I want. Games are meant to be played and regardless of their targeted age that doesn't mean people won't play them. Just like the millions of kids who play GTA underage and think they're awesome for doing so, there's some guy in his 40's playing the latest movie-to-game release and couldn't care less what others thought. Thank you.

Although whenever I visit this forum I feel outnumbered by the bad grammar, lack of coherence, and general things which makes this place look like it's a gang of 14 year olds.

8. Thulinma

Thulinma Computer Magician
    Developer

Netherlands
    19 here, and funnily enough some of my classmates (last year of something comparable to highschool) are all hyped up about holding a pokemon tournament soon. The crazy thing is, they're going to do it with red/blue cardriges... :|
    I told them about the upcoming D/P, but they're not interested in it at all, which I find weird.
    Oh well.

None of my friends/people I know think it's weird I play ("kiddie") games, in fact they respect me for it because I care about the actual gameplay, not the "coolness factor" or anything like that.

9. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

if you have the guts to carry around a DS, you should have no problem playing pokemon

10. Winner6

Winner6 Member
    Newcomer

Im 24 and i still play pokemon!! cant wait till the diamond and pearl is released. i know ppl that are from 20 -24 that still play nds games!

11. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

The problem isn't the game, the problem is the people.
    When I was 13 or 14, I used to watch the pokemon anime on TV. Friends that knew I was watching pokemon were like "LMAO HE WATCHES POKEMON HE LIKES POKEMON OH HE'S A KIDDIE".
    Did that make me a bad boy? I don't think so!
    Laughing at others, judging people, is what's actually wrong.

But anyway, I stopped playing pokemon ever since the GBC version (gold/silver). There began to be too many pokemons, too many of them really; while on the original red/blue/yellow version I used to know every single pokemon, their numbers, their type, their attributes, their attacks, their locations, etc. Yea I could remember 151 little creatures, I was totally into the pokemon trend.
    But with the GBC games it went up to 251, so I started to loose interest. And I have no idea how many pokemons there are in newer versions but it's probably a lot more, which makes things impossible to remember and hereby less interesting to me.
    Now, there are way too many games and it's all behind me. I probably won't even try the pearl/diamond games.

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Member
    Newcomer

Bah nothing to be ashamed about.. played Red when it came out to GB and i'll keep on playing as long as the games are good.. as long as i'm better than the snotty small kids i'm proud hah

13. MaDDaWg836

MaDDaWg836 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm 18 so i grew up with the pokemon craze. I stopped after the first GBA one came out, i forgot what it was called. I may start on diamon again since its the DS. I dont really 'buy' games so i dont go through embarrassment. If you want to buy it at like best buy or something, just ask for a gift receipt when purchasing [​IMG]

14. sscilli

sscilli Member
    Newcomer

United States
    21 here. If the games are fun I will play them.

15. aquariumboy

aquariumboy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    im 16 and still play pokemon, i dont think of any game as a "kiddy" game just becuse alot of kids play it... (if that makes sence) i play any game that seems like fun no matter what the title or rating is.

16. loveSTEALSus

loveSTEALSus Member
    Newcomer

21 over here. I carry my DS everywhere, and play whenever I can. And yes, I'll be playing pokemon. I like games that are fun and cute. At the moment I've been playing Chocobo tales and Pheonix Wright 1 all hardcore these days (passing the time til pokemon d/p).

17. Alcarajo

Alcarajo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm 22 years old and I'll be 23 by the end of April. I carry my Nintendo DS to college everyday and i don't give a fuck about what people say. Hell, i have many lady friends who always want to play with my DS cuz i got the NES emulator with Mario 3 in it, and they love that game. And why would i care if there are younger people talking shit about the DS or Pokemon?? When i see that they are 4 o 5 years younger than me, i don't take them seriously, like one time when i was a t EBgames and i saw a kid that was like 12 years old and his mom was going to buy him a PS3, and someone else was talking about the Wii and he said that the Wii is for little kids. I wanted to smack that kid just for talking shit, i mean, a fucking little kid saying that the Wii is for little kids?? that's retarded.

18. Jdbye

Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08
    Suspended

Norway
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. joshco

joshco Newbie
    Newcomer

23 here, Cannot wait till pearl gets dumped, I've been playing poke since blue/red on an emulator back in the day... didnt mind the anime, didnt enjoy pokemon ranger though...

20. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Pokemon never dies.

OSW, signing off.

Draft saved Draft deleted