Gaming anybody else who's over 18

Romnerd

Trophies
XP
Country
Think this thread should turn into finding out the oldest Pokemon player here ?
yaynds.gif

I dont play but my son (10) and wife (39) !!!! loves Pokemon and owns every original cart, finished all of them, went to the event days to unlock someone or other !!?? ........ including having an order outstanding for pearl and whatever the other one is ?

laugh.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm 19 and I like Kirby and Pokemon games, but I also like Prey and the GTA series. My tastes are weird...

im the same jax. i love GTA,TOatal War Series,HALO,Battlefielkd series,etc. But i also love the oldschool Super Mario Brothers,Kirby,etc. I played pokemon until gold and silver and crystal. after that there was just too much pokemans

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Defined by the "cool kids" as kiddy or not has nothing to do with Pokemon being very fun. I am disgusted at people who would lower their standards of quality to be accepted. I for one will not be degraded by altering my opinion on the fact that even though Pokemon has no sex or violence, it dosn't change the fact that its built on a solidly fun concept, which BTW is why it outlasted being just a fad like people said it would.

BTW Im 17 ^.^

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was 12/13 when I played the first pokemon game. I guess people who play Pokemon D/P are now in their 20's who were around when Pokemon first appeared.

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 32 and will probably play PokéMon on DS when it comes out.

I think it's much better game with better mechanics than most "mature" ones. Especially compared with the braindead RPG:s for PSP like Dungeon Siege and Untold Legends (I wish they would stay untold).

I also play Guild Wars on PC which is very much like PokéMon (where your skills are like different monsters)
wink.gif

Also, I'm an old fan of Magic: The Gathering which I played a lot back in 1995.

All of the good games I mentioned above are all about balance and variety.

You always have to try new strategies to succeed and you are never too powerful. Also, the attempt at new strategies makes you want to find new cards, monster or skills, depending on the game you're playing.

That's why I choose you, Pikachu!
wink.gif

EDIT: I think we should have a PokéMon tournament here when it comes out
smile.gif
Maybe in different classes depending on levels. Guess that lvl 100 is still the limit in the new versions?

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
i've never played pokemon alot cause i found the battle system too simple, and hated the fact that all pokemon having an Iq of only 20 can only remember 4 attacks :S

Seems like you missed all the brilliant mechanics in PokéMon. It's all about balance and strategy.
And only having 4 attacks on each monster forces you to think yourself. It's not like WoW where you can have access to all skills all the time.

What would be the point of always having access to 300 monsters and all of their skills?

coolmos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm. Guess i win.

I'm 42, and play almost daily. Not Pokemon, but Mario Kart, Rayman RR, games on emulators (NeoGeo, TurboGrafx, etc.).

Guess i'm just a big kid........as confirmed by my wife.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm 26 and I think when I go into the pub and sit on my own at the end of the bar playing pokemon until my mates arrive I look SUPERCOOLÂ
cool.gif

(By the way, when I saw the topic I thought it was going to be something NSFW. You disappoint
frown.gif
)
I'm 27 and have played Pokemon in the pub before too, more than once.
Probably.. OK definitely the strangest Pokemon experience I've had though was about 2 years ago when I went into the city with a couple of mates on a night out and managed to end up in the lounge area of a brothel (don't ask) at about 2AM.
As I was waiting (about 1/2 hour) I was chatting to the employees about how I'm a computer geek and so on, once I mentioned that I played video games a fair bit the eldest looking of the bunch (looked around 40) rushed to me with her Gameboy SP and asked me if I'd played Pokemon. I spent the next 20 Mins helping her manage her Pokemon for a trainer battle and stressing to her the importance of leveling up.

So yeah, I like Pokemon and so do others from a less technical (perhaps more technical.. not sure) background.
My interest has waned over the past couple of years, but I'm super excited for Diamond/Pearl and the accompanying Wii game.

And BlueStar, I too was brought here by the tempting yet misleading title.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
nothing wrong with Pokemon, I'm actually kinda psyched for the games, but at the same time there are many things they've done that just drive me insane.. but I figure I will be able to look past them

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm a very old-school type of gamer. Give me a simple shooter like Gradius or a beat 'em up like TMNT for the GBA and I'm happy.

I never did care for FPS games (they all seem the same to me), but on the other hand, I can't stand Pokemon or Mario, or Yoshi, or Donkey Kong either. Those "Nintendo Trademark" franchises are like drinking a bottle of pancake syrup to me.....tastes good at first, but the sweetness gives me a belly ache real quick. And I burnt myself out on RPG's way back in the Commodore 64 days.....I just can't get immersed in them anymore, though FF7 kept me entertained the whole way through.

The kind of games I like? Games like; Time Ace, DS Air, Turrican, Wing Commander/Freespace, Final Fight/TMNT, classic arcade compilations, 2D Sonic (most cutesy game that I like), maybe the occasional puzzle game, Punch-Out, Defender of The Crown, Rocket Ranger, racing games (Flatout 2 is the shit), shoot'em-ups (ala Gradius), adventure games (preferably 3D), stuff like that.

Being an older gamer (39) and someone who has been gaming since the original Pong systems, I've "been there, done that" a million times over. It's hard to find a game that holds my interest for very long nowadays without feeling like I played it all before.

The only real systems I own now are a DS and a PC.....and PC gaming is all but dead to me now (thank you StarForce
rolleyes.gif
). They don't put many FUN games on the PC anymore, just cookie-cutter FPS's, boring RTS's, RPG's and sim games. At least on the DS, I get the occasional FUN game that I actually WANT to play.

I have all manner of emulators on my PC and I find that it is those classic games, the games that defined video games, games that were still mostly original when they were made, games where gameplay was everything and graphics were mostly secondary are the games I keep going back to.

As far as games today go, I seem to enjoy collecting them more than actually playing them anymore. They just don't have the charm they used to. Am I outgrowing gaming? I don't think so. It's just that gaming has evolved away from what attracted me to them in the first place....the yay, woohoo, simple blissful fun. That's what's missing from many of today's games. They're getting too complex and too deep and just plain boring for me to get into or have time to learn how to play.

I'm an old fart, a gaming veteran, a jaded gamer.....call me what you will, but that's how it is for me. So you'll understand when I don't get hyped for a game like Pokemon. I hold no animosity towards anyone that DOES like the game. If you like it, good for you, have at it. Glad you have a game to get into. But don't try to convince me to like it. It won't happen.

Er....I'll shut up now.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 26 and started playing Pokemon last year to bond with my brother...I had never watched the show or knew anything about the series besides the fact that he liked it and soon we can play against each other via Wifi.

I found the RPG elements to be great, I love the "only 4 move" battle system as it really allows each gamer to have a unique set of monsters that they truly get to customize, I really think that's what one me over is the customization over the monsters, and then you have breeding which is much too difficult for the average kiddy gamer....90% of the kids 9 and under I talk to about the game (My friends kids are who I am referring to) don't know how to breed and to do it properly really takes a lot of planning...and finally jesus the rare pokemon are just insane to catch...I spent 4 freaking hours trying to catch a Laitas NOT with a Ultimate Ball....I can not imagine my 7 year old brother doing the same.

Bottom line, I go for gameplay and don't give a fuck what others think =)

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45 here and pokemon is my favorite game franchise. I started playing just so I could help out my kids when they got stuck and got hooked. I actually competed in the Journey Across America tournament last year and did pretty good for an old guy, being a semi finalist. If they had a 40 and over division I would have won for sure
tongue.gif

I'm also an old school pc gamer, used to play all of the turned based pc rpg and strategy games but don't really like any of the newer games with 3D graphics. I find hand held games to be more like the older pc games where the focus was on game play and pokemon in particular provides incredible strategic depth and replayability.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well im not 18 but in 4 months i will , But i still live the situation, everytime i talk about how i can't wait for pokemon D/P i always gets some evil eyes or funny reaction , but hey they are all Counter Strike/Halo ''hardcore gamers'' and i was always the kid of the gang (im always the youngest guy in school since i was born at a good moment to enter school 1 year earlier) So im used to be looked at like a kid. So im quite open for my taste for kiddy games and i can easily say that what i liked more in Kingdom Hearts was not the Final Fantasy part
tongue.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i can easily say that what i liked more in Kingdom Hearts was not the Final Fantasy part
tongue.gif
Yeah I liked the shonen-ai part. Yaoi is just awesome.

Aaaanyway, people with bias and brands games "kiddy" don't know fun. Play for fun.
smile.gif

If you can't play for fun, argue on the internet about which game company/console is better or why "insert game" sucks.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hah

a tid bit of a story here
tongue.gif

Im 18, and i was with 2 other friends whom are 19 and 20. one way or another, the topic of pokemon comes up. Then were like "lets name the first 151!!" And we start doing it, and people are looking at us like
wtf.gif

We could never make it. Forgot about Tangela paras and parasect

Damn them
cry.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I´m 21, and right now I´m playing:
missspider_review03.jpg

Miss Spider - Harvest Time Hop and Fly
The game is bloody brilliant, I don´t really care if it´s intended for little kids, I love it and it´s really good, that´s what really matters.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 24, and I play games that I enjoy, regardless of what others think.

I keep making snide comments about the people who are having heart attacks waiting for the game to be dumped, but the truth is that I've enjoyed the Pokemon games that I've played so far. I'm looking forward to playing the new games; I just get annoyed with the fanboyism.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it