Hacking Question Anybody bricked with the fake sx payload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think this thing was released in a few places at once, so its probably more than just a handful. The bigger problem is that this code is out in the open now, and you could run into it pretty much anywhere now.
I guess the best thing to do is first reporting it everyplace you see it, and keep a copy of the brick payload to compare checksums if you download one

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot understand why people want a "backup loader", why not just buy the original game outright, it’s hardly a huge expenses, if you can afford the actual handheld/console Nintendo Switch then surely you can afford to pay 30 pounds/35 dollars to buy a game, if not go down your local CEX game sell/exchange shop and sell an old switch retail game to them get the money from that and buy the game.

Interesting. Piracy is bad but used game sales are ok. It's ok if the devs don't get paid as long as GameStop gets paid.

Zocker4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made the exact same mistake and bricked my switch. But now I revived it with a Backup. I restored all the partitions from an old backup seperately and not just the complete raw bin. So the brick seems NOT to be written into BOOT0/1 or USER partition. It has to be one of the other partitions. Good luck everyone.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made the exact same mistake and bricked my switch. But now I revived it with a Backup. I restored all the partitions from an old backup seperately and not just the complete raw bin. So the brick seems NOT to be written into BOOT0/1 or USER partition. It has to be one of the other partitions. Good luck everyone.
How ? I made it from a 5.0.1 backup and seems my package2 got screwed

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Brick it again then restore the partitions one by one to find out which one fixed it. /halfsarcasm

Zocker4444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well my brick seems to be a little different than most people describing it here. I'm on Firmware 4.1 or 4.0.1, not quite sure. And my switch tried to boot but I got an errorcode everytime, not a bootloop. Maybe It is trying to write into serveral partitions and It didnt work on my fw.... And I don't really know which partitions are in Package 2?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well my brick seems to be a little different than most people describing it here. I'm on Firmware 4.1 or 4.0.1, not quite sure. And my switch tried to boot but I got an errorcode everytime, not a bootloop. Maybe It is trying to write into serveral partitions and It didnt work on my fw.... And I don't really know which partitions are in Package 2?
What error code do you get?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm too scared to be honest... :D
Yeah, absolutely don't do it if you don't want to, I'm glad you got it fixed.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your error seems different from others, it may be a partial 'success' of the brickcode unlike others.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude it's literally $25 to buy the software if you can't afford that how did did you even buy a switch like come on
Why do you asume they bought it. It could have been a gift or they could have won it in a competition or stole it from someone ect. They may have bought it then been fired from their job so no money any more ect ect Stop being so judgmental.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Deleted member 411764

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude it's literally $25 to buy the software if you can't afford that how did did you even buy a switch like come on

It took me 6 months to get a switch last year... I'm still a kid and small youtuber, how much do you think I'm earning?
Though, I did purchase the sx pro and am still waiting, I don't think a brick was necessary for those hit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol