Hacking Any ways to unbrick a flashcart without a 3ds?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone.
I recently got my n3dsxl and 2ds stolen :(. The only portable I have now is a DS lite. I wanted to use the two R4's I have, but then I remembered that I used them to NTRboot the 2ds and 3ds. I left the unbricking part for a later time since I never used them. What can I do now? Do I get another 3ds just to unbrick them, or do I just cut my losses and get another one?
I found another flashcard in my drawer (1st one in the picture), the EZflash Vi. But I couldn't find any working webpage that still has the correct file.
20200302_212652.jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any reason convert to carts to ntrboot?

The R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) can easily be flashed to normal mode: Start the updater on the DS-Lite, insert the R4i, press (A), wait.
Don't know about the one from r4isdhc.com (but keeping one in ntrboot mode is a good idea anyway)

Sorry to hear about your loss there. If you linked NNIDs to the 2DS and the N3DSXL you should contact Nintendo. They can unlink the NNIDs (allowing you to use them on a new 2|3DS console if you get another one). Maybe they are able to ban the consoles so the thief can't use online functionality.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any reason convert to carts to ntrboot?

The R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) can easily be flashed to normal mode: Start the updater on the DS-Lite, insert the R4i, press (A), wait.
Don't know about the one from r4isdhc.com (but keeping one in ntrboot mode is a good idea anyway)

Sorry to hear about your loss there. If you linked NNIDs to the 2DS and the N3DSXL you should contact Nintendo. They can unlink the NNIDs (allowing you to use them on a new 2|3DS console if you get another one). Maybe they are able to ban the consoles so the thief can't use online functionality.
I lost the first cart for a while, so I used the second one on my 2ds to get CFW on it too.

On the Ds lite, How would I start the updater? I can't insert the cart before booting, or else it will freeze.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried those, but nothing seems to work. It might be the SD or the flashcard.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[…] On the Ds lite, How would I start the updater? I can't insert the cart before booting, or else it will freeze.
I don't understand what you mean with freeze. I don't think ntrboot flashed carts cause crashes.

I tried those, but nothing seems to work. It might be the SD or the flashcard.
Rrrrr. That was my first idea. Starting the updater from r4ids.cn with another flashcart.

Second idea:
Uploading the r4ids.cn updater to RAM via "Download Play" (needs softmodded Wii or vWii)
https://github.com/FIX94/wii-ds-rom-sender
The updater worked on an ntrboot flashed R4i Gold 3DS this way. My DS-Lite has Flashme. If yours does not have it, you will need to use the Haxxstation exploit (find "DS Download Station - Volume 1" online somewhere).

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't understand what you mean with freeze. I don't think ntrboot flashed carts cause crashes.

Rrrrr. That was my first idea. Starting the updater from r4ids.cn with another flashcart.

Second idea:
Uploading the r4ids.cn updater to RAM via "Download Play" (needs softmodded Wii or vWii)
https://github.com/FIX94/wii-ds-rom-sender
The updater worked on an ntrboot flashed R4i Gold 3DS this way. My DS-Lite has Flashme. If yours does not have it, you will need to use the Haxxstation exploit (find "DS Download Station - Volume 1" online somewhere).

Both of the flashcarts cause my DS to freeze on startup. Not the Ez flash that I can't get to work though. I even tried it on different Ds lites too.
I do have moded a Wii and WiiU but I don't have Flashme. I'll try those methods when I have the time.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both of the flashcarts cause my DS to freeze on startup. Not the Ez flash that I can't get to work though. I even tried it on different Ds lites too.
I do have moded a Wii and WiiU but I don't have Flashme. I'll try those methods when I have the time.
My bad. You're right. The R4i Gold 3DS freezes the DS-Lite firmware when inserted before turning on. I was thinking about the Acekard 2i which retains its normal functions on DS-(Phat|Lite) and 3DS with CFW.

The other part is still true: I flashed the R4i with the Download Play method. Hope it works for you, too.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
*Update*
Just got another flashcart yesterday, a TTDS I think, to be exact. It was sold to me in a box of used games and consoles.
I couldn't find any updater, to restore the original r4, on the downloads page for r4ids.cn. Only WOOD kernels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.