Any way to test Homebrews on PC?

Olá Hello, I'm studying some Homebrews code for the Nintendo switch, I'm modifying some and creating my own Homebrews, but I have a problem, Having to spend all the time passing the test Homebrews to the switch, via USB cable or ftp is a little bad for me, I would like to know if there is a way to do these tests on the PC, Then move on to the switch and test it, if you can help me with that, I'd be very grateful... To summarize, I would like to test Homebrews on PC without the need to test all the time on the Switch...

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. I don't think emulators support running homebrew and even if they do it is not a reliable thing for bug testing.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch homebrew menu supports loading homebrew over the network. You can use nxlink to send your payload, that should be a little faster and easier than trying to transfer it over USB or FTP.

I think it's possible to run homebrew on Switch emulators, but I haven't tried it personally. I don't think it's very reliable, better off using hbmenu's netloader support.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I were a lad you had to burn CDs to test things (or actually floppy discs and tapes/type things from a magazine but we can fast forward past that for this pithy remark). Would have killed for FTP (even if networking was more serial ports and maybe vampire taps... wow I am old).

What I am more here to say is I have seen some stuff work for GDB ( linky ) which in turn should be reasonable to inject things via if you have to reboot and back in and out of various programs for FTP (don't know what goes for background FTP these days).
You may also benefit from changing your approach to coding a bit such that you can get multiple tests done at once or maybe change workflow such that you don't make the errors if you are used to instant results from a high level interpreted language thanks to a course.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?