Translation Any Trans Patch for the Dragon Quest XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I find it so strange that there is no translation project for Dragon Quest XI on 3DS either.

Even more considering how unique this version is, it's really a shame Square didn't bring it to other regions, I heard that in Japan it even sold more than the PS4 version at launch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the definitive edition that came out later, starting with the switch, is both versions combined. that could be the reason, maybe.

Reactions: YuseiFD

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is none because the game rejects all modified files on real hardware, doesn't get passed the main menu, already tried, needs disassembly on a code level to make it ignore this anti tampering.
I thought in-game DRM like that went against 3DS lot check standards?

Maybe they changed so near the system's EOL.

Reactions: YuseiFD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh great!!!
I do my best
1652595416470.gif

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kind of a dick move, but I saw it too.

Many thanks (^.^)

Catboy's being punny. Your title. When I first saw it, I was thinking you wanted to replace the main character with a transgender character. Catboy is all about that, but probably as skilled in making that happen as making a translation patch. An English 3ds version would be nice. Such an interesting way to play the game.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Moon164

h3llo_kitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Kind of a dick move, but I saw it too.

Catboy's being punny. Your title. When I first saw it, I was thinking you wanted to replace the main character with a transgender character. Catboy is all about that, but probably as skilled in making that happen as making a translation patch. An English 3ds version would be nice. Such an interesting way to play the game.
oh gosh, my bad

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I thought the trans he meant was the "translator" (@.@). Really sorry
Oh no~ I am literally transgender. Transgender is often shortened to “trans.” I am a rather talented tester and debugger but my Japanese skills are extremely rusty. If you can find someone willing to help translate the game, I would be willing to beta test.

• Wow
Reactions: h3llo_kitty

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, 2d in the s version is shitty aside form tickington village. you run into a battle every 3 steps. plus, there's a bug with it on the s version where if you go into 2d (go back in time), all chests in 3d are repopulated and closed. it's a good way to get duplicates of items, but all of them are closed back up, so you can no longer tell what you haven't gotten. I actually reloaded an older save (about 2 hours older( just to fix that. I don't want something like that to happen. square-enix never corrected it it would seem. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)