ROM Hack Any speedhack for Pokemon Pearl?

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm tired of the waiting times until you get to do your move in battle. Its especially annoying when you get a new Pokemon, that decreases the speed of the enemy.
I have turned off the animations and the text is as fast as it can.
But its still too slow IMO.

So is there any hack for Pokemon Pearl, so it goes faster in-battle, on a DS?

Reactions: 1 person

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm tired of the waiting times until you get to do your move in battle. Its especially annoying when you get a new Pokemon, that decreases the speed of the enemy.
I have turned off the animations and the text is as fast as it can.
But its still too slow IMO.

So is there any hack for Pokemon Pearl, so it goes faster in-battle?

well i think i saw a ds mod that will get all gameplay of anything 1.5x faster ...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you may have the dubious honour of being of the fairly few people in life to ever make an intelligent hacking request for pokemon.
To my knowledge there is nothing but there was a thread not so long ago on final fantasy tactics advance that has some info that may be useful: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=63297
It is not certain you can do it but some of the is able to be implemented as conventional cheat.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
since you didn't specify "make it faste rin NDS machine"
use emulator (no$gba to be precise and set cpu setto unlimited disaster 10%) you can get 500-700% speed
wink.gif

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well, on DS, one way is to overclock you DS.
raise arm9 till it hit 100 Mhz
smile.gif

mod it with a switch also, to change the clock on teh fly, so you can evert it back when playing other game
happy.gif

or maybe make it slower when playing oendan
smile.gif
)

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Well I saw a Disable V-Sync AR Code for Zelda, I tried it, too (the EU version), and whoa, it was much faster, heheheh.
smile.gif

Maybe that's something and can help a bit.
smile.gif

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
I too would love this, I pick up Pokemon Blue every now and again and all it does is accentuate how better CPUs and GPU amount to shit all. That game has immensely better flow, not to mention far better music.

As for making it happen, its beyond my abilty, but this is the best idea I can come up with;

Basically rewriting all the pointers for battle flow to skip various animations. Firstly you'd want the wild encounter to go straight to the two pokemon on the field and display "Wild GASTRODON appaeared!" followed by "What will ROSERADE do?". You'd also want HP draining to be instant/sped up (change the HP/s data, I think this may be the easiest hack of them all, just isolating the address will be hard, debugger required) or to be parallel to other actions. Obviously this is easier said than done.

That said before anyone thinks of tackling this a far more useful hack would be one to make Select/L/R/(X/Start) do something on the field. Or to add a back button to the Poketch. Or remove stupid time limit from Pal Park and allow you to skip the park game.

I'm out of the loop here so if any of the above is possible please let me know.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
For the record how hard is it to say skip dialogue in these games?

What I mean is if a person says three things (D1, D2 and D3) how hard is it to make it that when you press A at the end of D1 it will jump to D3?

I was thinking you could streamline the Pokemon Center healing by removing the second dialogue and possibly the first too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not paid attention to pokemon hacking but you could probably repoint to the last line of text so only that is played (I have no idea how hardcoded it is) or do something similar by trashing lines.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a video on YouTube with someone overclocking their DS (They used Mario Kart DS). Anyone know the newbie's variation for doing this themselves?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you will need a hex editor to do this but it is very easy.

If you want to slow down a game, you have to go through and insert whitespace FF values between all the existing values, so that C0 AF 80 D6 it becomes C0 FF AF FF 80 FF D6 FF. This way it takes twice as long for the game to read data, and slows it down 50%! If you insert two FFs, it will slow it down 100%!

If you want to speed it up you just double every value so that C0 AF 80 D6 becomes C0 C0 AF AF 80 80 D6 D6. That way the DS can read the data faster and you get a 50% speed boost!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended