Hacking Any risks "overclocking" vita using PSV VSH

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently maxing out CPU (444/222) and GPU (222/166) using psv vsh. I unlocked the fps for killzone and got a massive performance boost :).

Got a few quick questions: What is the second number for the clock speed for CPU and GPU referring too when it says 444/222 and 222/166 As it's not dual core does this mean two cpu cores are clocked at 222?

Is the vita technically not overclocked, even when maxing out both the gpu and cpu to these speeds as I've heard Sony deliberately under clocked them for power saving reasons?

Lastly is there any risk of damage playing the game at these speeds for many hours at a time?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the vita technically not overclocked, even when maxing out both the gpu and cpu to these speeds
Those speeds are actually used officially, but not by many games.
Lastly is there any risk of damage playing the game at these speeds for many hours at a time?
Your battery might experience more wear, but other than that there won't be any problems

If you want slightly better performance you can try LOLIcon, which overclocks to 500/something. (idk what the second number means anyways though)

Reactions: Dopam1ne

Dopam1ne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ty Scott, that's good news then :) It really makes a world of difference to killzone. Going from 20-30fps to over 40fps is so much nicer! Feel a little less stupid not knowing what the second number is so if anyone is in the know feel free to enlighten me.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ty Scott, that's good news then :) It really makes a world of difference to killzone. Going from 20-30fps to over 40fps is so much nicer! Feel a little less stupid not knowing what the second number is so if anyone is in the know feel free to enlighten me.
I'm pretty sure it's the GPU frequency

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(don't use lolicon)

If in doubt, Check the github page for detail, it has known issues with many games, psv vsh, doesn't seem to have any issue. Lolicon specifically crashes "The Lost Child" after 2 hours of play, many other games too. (the author suggests not to use it, essentially, until the issues are fixed).

"o'clock vita", I used it wasn't great, after "lolicon" i stopped using overclock software, I will try "psv vsh", after delete the games I don't use (like the atelier games, forgot to delete those after deleting all the hyperdimension neptunia games, too borning).

(use two marble or granite/stone coffee coasters and place them on the top and bottom of the pstv, perfect heat sinks.................or on your hand held, stick a "pc heat sink" on the opposite side, it works)

(maybe don't use "psv vsh" either, check the github page and see if those are problems you want to have!)

EDIT

if you want a 2eal speeld increase reduce the resolution to 480p, taken the plunge

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1