Any replacement for Wii U USB Helper?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by KnifeCat, Nov 12, 2018.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I don't understand, Wii U USB Helper should have every Wii U game and every official non-Wii U game that was on the eshop. (such as Wii, DS etc...)

What title(s) are you looking for?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, titlekey-based downloaders only "have"* titles that 1- are available on the eShop (there are some bluray-only releases) and 2- you can supply a valid titleid+titlekey pair for

* strictly speaking, they don't have anything themselves

3. MrLeche

MrLeche Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2006
    Sorry, since I'm new to WiiU, I check on wikipedia the list of games on WiiU and somewhat scanned thru titles what I liked to try. Then I saw the walking dead and thought I've been a fan of the show for about 6 to 7 seasons I would like to try that title and I couldn't find it, thus I ended up asking the question. Thanks!

4. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I was wrong I thought every game was on there but it's not the case however most are.

Personally advice though stay far away from Walking Dead Survival Instinct it is a horrible game.

MrLeche likes this.
  5. KnifeCat
    OP

KnifeCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Canada
    No.
    If we don't have the title key, then Wii U USB Helper won't know it exists and cannot download it.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

6. lordpsycho

lordpsycho Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2014
    Peru
  7. KnifeCat
    OP

KnifeCat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    Canada
    No. Retail/Disc games does not work.
    You can't download them from the eShop. So Wii U USB Helper can't download it. However, it can download DLCs and updates... if there are any.

Envoyé de mon SM-G925W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

8. lordpsycho

lordpsycho Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2014
    Peru
    WiiU USB Helper can download retail games, eshop games, updates and DLC.
    I just had to reinstall it since it has a bug where it says the downloaded file was corrupted and keeps downloading it. Also, I did set another tittle key site when installing again, and now it works like a charm :)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted