Any recommendations of how to play Persona 3 the "right way"?

okhqbuddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've played Persona 5 and 4, and loved them both, but have heard from friends there is not really a definitive way to play Persona 3. Any tips of how to do this?

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have thought about that and didn't get to a conclusion. What I remember is that the PSP version is more streamlined and has more content, except for the removed PS2 cutscenes, and I planned to play it and watch them elsewhere.

But I guess I'll start and play the game a little on both and continue where I decide is best. I have the feeling I'll prefer the PSP if it really has less dillydallying.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you like immersion and the story get FES, the cutscenes are all 3d animated (as well as having 2d fmvs) to the same standard as Persona 4 and the environments are fully 3d and explorable
if you like gameplay and a faster experience get Portable as the cutscenes are all cut, and all of the environments are replaced with point and click 2d visual novel sections. however you get a female protag which heavily affects the game and alongside that full control of your party members in battle which is a major lacking area in FES and P3

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can wait five and a half weeks then Persona 3 Portable will be ported to PC.

Source:
Code:
https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1578696035932815360

No idea what state it will come out in or if it will have more or less features than the PSP version. I try not to play new games for the first month of release so I can avoid launch day issues. You never know when a developer will release something unfinished and rush to patch it post-launch.

Reactions: ZipMartin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0