Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys

I have an old Switch on which I used the SXOS as long as it lasted even though people said Atmosphere and such were much better even back then ... as I kinda hate to always "learn" everything for cracking and stuff first I really didn't want to do it.

Now after not using the Switch for a while and not caring if any saves get destroyed or not I'd actually like to try to crack it but then again if possible I wouldn't want to studie Programming or whatever first :P

Is there any "recent" guide (old ones oftend tend to have different steps and things you need to watch our for then what is actually necessary / needed with newer stuff) which is more or less easy to understand and guides one as good as possible trough cracking as well as maybe adding emulators and stuff ?

(guess this question is asked like every month so sorry, still hoping to get a proper answer ;) )

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

I have an old Switch on which I used the SXOS as long as it lasted even though people said Atmosphere and such were much better even back then ... as I kinda hate to always "learn" everything for cracking and stuff first I really didn't want to do it.

Now after not using the Switch for a while and not caring if any saves get destroyed or not I'd actually like to try to crack it but then again if possible I wouldn't want to studie Programming or whatever first :P

Is there any "recent" guide (old ones oftend tend to have different steps and things you need to watch our for then what is actually necessary / needed with newer stuff) which is more or less easy to understand and guides one as good as possible trough cracking as well as maybe adding emulators and stuff ?

(guess this question is asked like every month so sorry, still hoping to get a proper answer ;) )
There isn't any "new" guides because the same exploit and CFW are used to hack consoles since the scene first began proliferating. Because of this, this guide is by far the best because it was one of the first.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There isn't any "new" guides because the same exploit and CFW are used to hack consoles since the scene first began proliferating. Because of this, this guide is by far the best because it was one of the first.

well I tried the ones above as well as some youtube videos and got it running but ALL of them were outdated because some data were not compatible anymore with the most recent versions of some of the programs...

so yeah there are differences...

also none of those guides actually said how to update firmware and such, also some said look at the firmware you have but on my switch it didn't show (maybe because an update was available but no clue)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I tried the ones above as well as some youtube videos and got it running but ALL of them were outdated because some data were not compatible anymore with the most recent versions of some of the programs...

so yeah there are differences...

also none of those guides actually said how to update firmware and such, also some said look at the firmware you have but on my switch it didn't show (maybe because an update was available but no clue)
Programs like Atmosphere and TegraRCM still work as long as you're using the latest versions so if anything, they hosted their own files as opposed to linking the source. Also I don't know about other guides but the one I linked has a section specifically for updating firmware, both with and without a PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1