Hardware Any reasons to have an activated PS Vita/PS TV?

Mo Poge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a new PS4 Pro recently after selling my old PS4 (phat) a few months ago. Since my old console was activated as the Primary console, I am not able to activate my new console as the Primary one.

The only way it seems that I can accomplish this is to go into my PSN account online and choose "Deactivate All" which would also deactivate my PS Vita and PS TV, both of which are on firmware 3.20.

I do eventually want to "upgrade" my PS Vita & TV to Enso 3.65, but would deactivating them cause them to lose any functionality? What would I miss out on with not having them activated? Would the possibility of remote play be lost?

Last edited by Mo Poge,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any original digital games, of course (IF you go online and it syncs licenses... and of course you could crack them with NoNPDRM first)
Remote play, it does have some gratuitous dependency on PSN (which the PSP doesn't have), but I think it's just being logged in the same account rather than activated (for local network use, at least)

You can activate freely on 3.65 (spoofed to 3.69) anyway (for now)

Mo Poge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...You can activate freely on 3.65 (spoofed to 3.69) anyway (for now)

Thanks for your reply! What do you mean "for now"? Are you saying 3.70 could come along and the activation process will (of course) fail trying to use a 3.69 spoofer on 3.70? Or are you referring to something else?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your reply! What do you mean "for now"? Are you saying 3.70 could come along and the activation process will (of course) fail trying to use a 3.69 spoofer on 3.70? Or are you referring to something else?
Oversimplifying (I don't really know the full picture either) let's say the way the console connects to PSN was changed between 3.60 and 3.65, but from there it's still the same (which is actually true)

Henkaku has a built in, configurable spoofer (in system settings): if 3.70 comes out and changes the protocol again, you could set the number to 3.70 and the console would still say that it's 3.70, but the server would refuse connection anyway since it's not the newest protocol: something more than this spoofer would be needed
(the ReStore and ReNpDrm combo actually tried to do so for 3.60 users, but with questionable results, so most people just updated to 3.65 Enso when it was released - especially since you had to start from a modded 3.60 anyway, back then)

The same reasoning applies for why you can't play games with a certain system version on a lower one (unless you decrypt them first on a modded console of the appropriate version): just because you can change the version number, doesn't mean the new decryption keys (which aren't even dumpable with current public knowledge) will magically be added to your system!

Reactions: Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.