Any PSP game still online?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by hoodhippo, Jul 27, 2018.

1. hoodhippo
    OP

hoodhippo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2018
    United States
    I know that the original servers for every psp game is shut down. but is there any servers that someone else made that people still play on? (if thats a thing?) like i know you can use a proxy server to go online on ps3 games etc. i also know that people have servers for some pc games that no longer originally go online.. is there anything like that on psp? i have a 6.20 pro-b 10 hacked psp if that makes a difference.. thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Psp games was played online? :wtf:

3. hoodhippo
    OP

hoodhippo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2018
    United States
    haha yess! one of my favorite games on psp to play online was Medal of Honor heros. many games were

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Okay I didn't know that, mostly cause all the games I have played never was played online. :blink:

Anyway, this coldbird server seem to be active online client for psp. It's used in ppsspp as well, though I never could actually play with anyone using the emulator or a actual psp. It would be nice to try phantasy star portable with people. :(
    https://pro.coldbird.net/

hoodhippo and ThoD like this.
  5. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Don't have a link, but last I checked (about two months ago), the fan-server for Test Drive Unlimited (probably best racing game on the PSP) was still active. My PSP is dead for good now, so I can't check again unfortunately. I don't think any other games with considerable enough playerbase exists to have an active server besides that and 2-3 others...

hoodhippo likes this.
  6. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Oh man. I gotta look into this. Syphon Filter Logan’s Shadow was so rad. I played it very much. Wonder if I can set up adrenaline for this.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  7. EmBlaze

EmBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    Other than the fact that I rarely play online multiplayer, I didn't really pursue "PRO Online" with my PSP because it doesn't even support WPA2. Sorry, don't really know a good download link these days, especially if you update to 6.61 (for "Infinity" or something)

8. Nisem0n0

Nisem0n0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    The only multiplayer game I had when psp online was still up was ratchet and clank size matters, playing with the snowman skin. I doubt this game in particular has a community. (Btw personal favorite insomnia games innuendo lol).

hoodhippo likes this.
  9. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    If you have another router laying around, you can link that to your WiFi and have it generate another access point. Make that open and turn it on when you need it. :)

I got something like this a while ago on sale for $25ish. It’s gotten lots of use.

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Jul 27, 2018
    hoodhippo likes this.
  10. EmBlaze

EmBlaze GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    Or I could use Guest WiFi, phone hotspot, etc. Better not have it on all the time though, or else your bandwidth might be stolen.

I was actually looking at one of those before, but decided not to because I don't travel much.

Last edited by EmBlaze, Jul 27, 2018
    hoodhippo likes this.
  11. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    There is an app that goes along with it and you can hook up a thumb drive to stream movies....in the car, or anywhere else.

12. StingerTheRaven

StingerTheRaven Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2019
    United States
    Coldbird is replaced by https://www.black-seraph.com/ now (Coldbird's domain name was revoked somehow). Should work fine, just be warned that the webpage itself has no games list like before.