Any place that would modchip my PS1?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Link5084, Mar 23, 2009.

Mar 23, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    I was thinking of sending my PS1 to get it chipped. Should I do it or buy a new PS1 altogether?

2. redsmas

Member redsmas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Tough question because well ps1 is now old, mine is chipped it was like that before i new how to burn stuff to disk, the guy that done it gave me a load of games to go with it, but the point is can you even get a mod chip for them anymore???

3. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    here in holland i know somebody who sells them, i will ask where he gets them...

4. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i got lucky yesterday and found one at a flea market for $5 that happened to be chipped( not stealth sadly it only has 4 wires [​IMG].)
    i was just replacing my old one cuz the motor went out on it i was shocked that it was chipped.
    you should look around and see if you can't run into one like i did, if not you can order one from here http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php?pr...=256&page=1 for $15 and DIY.

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    best option is to buy a modded ps2 (if you can still find one) as that plays backup ps1 games anyway....

i used to have a old modded ps1 a very long time ago but it was nicked sadly, not bothered now as i have a modded ps2 now.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  7. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just buy the chip and do it yourself. I ordered my chip from eurasia (stealth) and soldered it in myself. It didn't take more than 20 minutes and now I can run PSX without problems in this http://www.vtemulation.net/img/psonelcd.jpg (not a pic of my actual console, but mine is the same; screen and all). Totally worth it.