Gaming Any news on iXtreme 1.6?

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With the risk of only getting answers like "It's out when it's out!" and "Asking about it will only delay the release!" I ask you kindly if there's any news on the release of iXtreme 1.6.

It was supposed to follow up the 1.51 iXtreme pretty fast but it's been 3 months or so. So I got a bit curious as I can't really find any news on it either.
I'm not asking for a release date or an excuse or whatever, just some news on what's happening would be nice or interesting at the least.

Sort of holding out on getting my 360 modded until 1.6 comes out.

so, if anyone has any news about features, any problems they encountered or whatever please do post it.

Thanks in advance!

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Tuesday 21 April 2009 15:14 EST

Some iXtreme v1.6 Details
>> C4E gave some details about the upcoming iXtreme v1.6 some time ago on #fw/EFNET, altho things might still change with the possible new security (see previous news):
QUOTE said:
ix1.6 for benq is complete and in testing, samsung/liteon soon to follow, then there's hitachi last!
ix1.6 - Strict Wave 3 compliance! hybrid (modified disks) will not boot!
ix1.6 - Strict drive speed compliance - 12x only for game discs!
ix1.6 - Support for SS V2!
ix1.6 - Integrated 0800 for game dumping including SS v2!
ix1.6 - Full support for all known game exceptions! eg ddr etc!
ix1.6 - One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without stealth/partition checks (will still use stealth), use activate.iso disk to activate each time!
ix1.6 - Support for easy drive key/version info cmd, same as liteon!
ix1.6 has strict stealth/wave checking, one shot boot mode will boot wave(x)!
Source: xboxscene.com

What a coincidence!
wink.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think they are delaying it because microsoft is trying new anti-pirate methods and 1.6 is supposed to be more secure. Don't quote me on this though, I'm not entirely sure.

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Tuesday 21 April 2009 21:47 EST

AP25: FIFA 09 LIVE Log, No New Checks for Now
>> C4EVA analyzed the Xbox LIVE checks on FIFA09 today after the news of the possible activation of AP2.5. Right now there are no new checks, but AP25 will be monitored for any activity in the future!
A bit earlier in #FW/EFnet:

QUOTE said:
AP25 threat is real, but only MS knows if it will ever be enabled, since it has been in drive fw since hitachi!
action against ap25 will be taken when it is used, until then we can only monitor!
ap25 involves host supplied LBA checks, encrypted with AES, LBA's are submitted by the host (360)!
not all drives support it, and they will have to make sure all drives that do support give back reliable results! not as easy as it sounds!
c4eva so just to make sure i got this correct, you said the 360 makes the AES'd lba request correct? not the drive?
rift: transmitted to drive to do the checks!
fifa is fine

Was this the new anti-piracy method you were referring to perhaps?
Well, at least FIFA 09 is fine.
I think they'll release the new FW soon as they will still be monitoring the new checks and nothing has changed yet really.
Could be wrong though.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it will be coming out on May 14
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
iXtreme 1.6 to be released on 3 Year anniversary for ixtreme 1.0
>> Just a little update to announce the official release date of the new ixtreme firmware!

Here is the original xboxhacker thread where commodore4eva first made himself a very well known public figure. It was the initial 1.0 release for iXtreme xbox360 firmwares. To celebrate the 3 year anniversary of the first release, we will be releasing Liteon, BenQ, and Samsung versions of xbox360 iXtreme firmware replacement. As usual, Hitachi always comes last. Incase you are all wondering why Hitachi comes last, it is because that drive takes roughly 10 times longer to create the firmware for, due to so many different versions of the drive.

For those who wont or did not read the xboxhacker thread above, the official release date is set for May 14th, 2009.
Features will include:
-Strict Wave 3 compliance! hybrid (modified disks) will not boot!
-Strict drive speed compliance - 12x only for game discs!
-Support for SS V2!
-Integrated 0800 for game dumping including SS v2!
-Full support for all known game exceptions! eg ddr etc!
-One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without -stealth/partition checks (will still use stealth), use activate.iso disk -to activate each time!
-Support for easy drive key/version info cmd, same as liteon!
-Strict stealth/wave checking, one shot boot mode will boot wave(x)!

For those of you who wish to contribute to the project, there is a donate button on the first section of the utility used to flash your xbox360, JungleFlasher(info)(info).

iXtreme has taken quite literally thousands, if not in the tens of thousands of hours to produce, maintain and support, not to mention over 50 thousand dollars worth of professional equipment to break the technologies behind the LiteOn security. So for those of you out there who think this is all free, think not! Just free to you
smile.gif
We appreciate all the forms of support out there, to the people who create software to aid the modification process, and each and every person out there who has spent his or her personal free time to help another user on the forums, IRC, or real life, to modify their console.

-Iriez
Discuss this news item on our forums:

Sounds awesome its amazing on how much time and effort has been put into this project.

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome stuff! Just read it on XS before heading here.
50k... that's some mulah to spend on a drive and a hack...

Anyway, thank you for posting this info!

Does anyone know if that "one shot boot mode" will allow you to play modified games? Like texture hacks and stuff
wink.gif

Because I have one of those discs and would like to play it.
Otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue what that one-shot boot mode would do. As the firmware let's you play all the games currently available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel