Hacking Any news of Rev 14 release date

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceache said:
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
But, what about that wiis keys, and your keys? I mean, I don't really get how you can run a NAND that has keys different to your wii.

VC/WiiWare games can be tranfered with the NAND Emulation. and Played.

what does that have to do with his question?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So to explain about nand.bin:

Every nand.bin from BootMii has the keys in it. Except for the SD key (which is "common" -> AB 01 B9 D8 E1 62 2B 08 AF BA D8 4D BF C2 A5 5D for all Wii's), that I couldn't find I was able to find everything
- NAND AES key
- NAND HMAC
- PRNG seed
- common key
So I don't see why it could not be emulated successfully. I still don't know, if that's the way, Waninkoko goes.

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA EVERY KEY THAT I GOT FROM XYZZX

[0] ECC Priv Key: 0140 f506 e237 1238 e5ae 79a9

058b dc9f 821a 84a7 9e0f a4b2

ed85 c0de 5c27

[1] Console ID : 02bbafa1

[2] NAND AES key: 5770 4eab 19c5 72f3 a8c8 abc8 6709 1114

[3] NAND HMAC : 5c27 6ec8 a04b 3e76 66f1

a641 1d60 1c53 93e4 3abe

[4] Common key : ebe4 2a22 5e85 93e4 48d9 c545 7381 aaf7

[5] PRNG seed : 4ce1 c584 bdff 4f05 fd97 d45f 85af e66e

[6] SD key : ab01 b9d8 e162 2b08 afba d84d bfc2 a55d

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:

Every nand.bin from BootMii has the keys in it. Except for the SD key (which is "common" -> AB 01 B9 D8 E1 62 2B 08 AF BA D8 4D BF C2 A5 5D for all Wii's), that I couldn't find I was able to find everything
- NAND AES key
- NAND HMAC
- PRNG seed
- common key
So I don't see why it could not be emulated successfully. I still don't know, if that's the way, Waninkoko goes.

I doubt this would use bootmii nand dumps though. From what I understand they're difficult to use since it dumps EVERY wii block, not just the files. And considering that Waninkoko mentioned using a nand dump of bushing's from way back, I suspect it would not be using the bootmii format since that would require getting a low level dump, something that I doubt would have been done before bootmii was fully created. Bushing may have made the dump while testing an early bootmii, but when you think about it, most apps only can use dumps of the files only, not a bootmii dump. Bootmii dumps aren't very useful for much other than recovery.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
frostyfrosty said:
Empyr69er said:
In regards to Waninkoko's NAND emulator, does this mean you can run any Wii's NAND on any Wii via SD/USB? If so, this is quite an amazing feat! This means someone could create a optimized hacked Wii and people could use that NAND as a 'universal NAND' which would make hacking a Wii a whole lot easy and efficient with easy brick fixes.

I hope i got this right, if not someone set me straight.

or someone can make a seriously fucked up nand and then fully brick a ton of peoples wiis >.<

so yeah dont really see that happening =P at least too quickly

dude, do some research..how can the wii get bricked if the Wii is running off a NAND on a SD card? If that NAND gets bricked..just pop a fresh NAND on the SD card and you are set to go. Brickfree goodness. I'm talking about making a Super NAND(let's call it Super NANDendo, lol) complete with all IOSes, cIOSes and other useful app channels/games that are needed installed. Then it would be as easy as hell to hack a wii

-bannerbomb>Hackmii installer>cIOS 14>run Super NAND off SD.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
s3phir0th115 said:
Det1re said:

- NAND AES key
- NAND HMAC
- PRNG seed
- common key

I doubt this would use bootmii nand dumps though. From what I understand they're difficult to use since it dumps EVERY wii block, not just the files. And considering that Waninkoko mentioned using a nand dump of bushing's from way back, I suspect it would not be using the bootmii format since that would require getting a low level dump, something that I doubt would have been done before bootmii was fully created. Bushing may have made the dump while testing an early bootmii, but when you think about it, most apps only can use dumps of the files only, not a bootmii dump. Bootmii dumps aren't very useful for much other than recovery.
You make some valid points, but I don't think we can be 100% sure yet.
Because the nand is "emulated", I could imagine the nand dump reamining intact to be able to work with the original filesystem.

If indeed it runs extracted nand filesystem dumps, that would have the great advantage of ease in managing files (wiiware, vc, channels etc, system menu files etc), and you wouldnt have to constantly make nand dumps for small changes.

drake19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Empyr69er said:
at least I'm not 'merican.. lol eat a dick bitch!

x0ax00ax0ax00x0xa0xaa00 thats very good
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, how am I the fag? I get excited because of something I am interested in is getting released on the weekend on my bday(maybe) and some dude harshes on me about hurting my moms vajayjay during birth? come on! I know the american thing was a low blow(i really have no beef), but seriously..come on!

drake19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Empyr69er said:
Seriously, how am I the fag? I get excited because of something I am interested in is getting released on the weekend on my bday(maybe) and some dude harshes on me about hurting my moms vajayjay during birth? come on! I know the american thing was a low blow(i really have no beef), but seriously..come on!

Heh they are calling anyone fag cause they know that we dont like them so much,cause they are trying to makes us like their faces
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
okay people. I'm not trying to start a World War here so put the safety on yer flamethrowers. ok? Okay!!

let's get back on topic, enough about me:

Regarding cIOS 14, Waninkoko said that playing VC/WW from SD/USB the wads need to be unpacked. Does this mean we will need to use a special loader to play these games? Wani usually release a small UI that people base thier GUI's off of. If so, I can't wait for all of the neat GUI's this community comes up for it!

I love you GBAtemp!

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
If we think a little bit: we "just" need the "NAND emulator and a proper cIOS" (call it loader or not is is not important)
Once you've run this emulator all VC / WW on your "virtual NAND" are already unpacked (like in a real wii's NAND).
I think (but maybe i'm wrong) we can compare this new toy to a "Wii port of VMware"

So your wii and your real NAND (the flash memory) is the "host" and the "emulator" will be able to run a "guest" NAND (eg: Bushing NAND dump).
This is really great: because everything will be "virtual", I mean: you're wii will run on systemmenu 3.2E for example but the emulator will be able to run a 4.1J systemmenu with a lot of VC/WW.

The main advantage is: space but this will be a great testing tool (and normally brick proof, even nothing is n00b proof)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...