Hacking Any news of Rev 14 release date

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. This is going to be sweet. I can't wait. =) Keep up the good work-- it's greatly appreciated.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
I don't know why they even bother mentioning release dates. First they say July 15, then they say this week, then they say this weekend.....

Make up your fucking mind or don't mention it at all dammit. There is nothing wrong with just not saying when it comes out at all. It's sure as hell better than leading people to believe it's at a certain time when it's not.

Seriously, the nerve of this asshole Waninkoko. First, he goes ahead and spends his free time programming software for the Wii. Then, he decides that he's not going to just keep this work to himself, no he's going to release it to everybody!! What a greedy selfish bastard! And then, if that wasn't enough, he is't askig people for a dime to fund his programming efforts. Seriously, where does this guy get off!?! However, probably the ultimate insult is how this guy tries to keep the community up to date with his progress and what he's working on. Finally, this guy's honesty about his progress is really off-putting personally I would perfer someone who leaves the entire scene hanging as realease dates woosh by. Some people just have no idea how to act and behave civilly.

/s

THat said, good luck Waninkoko. I can't wait to see rev 14. I know it's going to be well worth however long we have to wait.

chA1nBull3t

Trophies
Website
www.kalam1ty.co.cc
XP
Country
United States
sl33p said:
s3phir0th115 said:
I don't know why they even bother mentioning release dates. First they say July 15, then they say this week, then they say this weekend.....

Make up your fucking mind or don't mention it at all dammit. There is nothing wrong with just not saying when it comes out at all. It's sure as hell better than leading people to believe it's at a certain time when it's not.

Seriously, the nerve of this asshole Waninkoko. First, he goes ahead and spends his free time programming software for the Wii. Then, he decides that he's not going to just keep this work to himself, no he's going to release it to everybody!! What a greedy selfish bastard! And then, if that wasn't enough, he is't askig people for a dime to fund his programming efforts. Seriously, where does this guy get off!?! However, probably the ultimate insult is how this guy tries to keep the community up to date with his progress and what he's working on. Finally, this guy's honesty about his progress is really off-putting personally I would perfer someone who leaves the entire scene hanging as realease dates woosh by. Some people just have no idea how to act and behave civilly.

/s

THat said, good luck Waninkoko. I can't wait to see rev 14. I know it's going to be well worth however long we have to wait.

The first sentence, I was like.
mad.gif
. Then I was like
rofl2.gif

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chA1nBull3t said:
sl33p said:
s3phir0th115 said:

/s

The first sentence, I was like.
mad.gif
. Then I was like
rofl2.gif

lolololololololololololololololololololololol

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sl33p said:
s3phir0th115 said:

/s

Like I said, I don't have anything against him taking his time on it and I don't mean anything personal toward him. I just honestly think he shouldn't be announcing a release date at all if he isn't sure about it completely. It's not out of not wanting to wait, it's out of all of the bullshit that not meeting an original stated date causes.

I'm not ungrateful, I use his software on my Wii regularly. I just think he should simply say that "it will be out when it's ready" instead of posting date after date.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Like I said, I don't have anything against him taking his time on it and I don't mean anything personal toward him. I just honestly think he shouldn't be announcing a release date at all if he isn't sure about it completely. It's not out of not wanting to wait, it's out of all of the bullshit that not meeting an original stated date causes.

I'm not ungrateful, I use his software on my Wii regularly. I just think he should simply say that "it will be out when it's ready" instead of posting date after date.

The only "dates" I have ever seen have been topic changes on IRC. I did not see anything "public" posted (ie: here, his blog) saying anything about a set release date. Just don't attend the IRC channel or read IRC excerpts posted here regarding anything having to do with rev14 and you won't feel so "let down" each time.

The guy has done alot thus far, and I am pretty sure he is not talking of these potential release dates just to piss YOU off. He has the intent of the release at that given time, but most likely spots a bug (or maybe incorporates a new feature) and that sets the release back. He can release it (or talk about when he believes he is going to) any time he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
s3phir0th115 said:

The only "dates" I have ever seen have been topic changes on IRC. I did not see anything "public" posted (ie: here, his blog) saying anything about a set release date. Just don't attend the IRC channel or read IRC excerpts posted here regarding anything having to do with rev14 and you won't feel so "let down" each time.

The guy has done alot thus far, and I am pretty sure he is not talking of these potential release dates just to piss YOU off. He has the intent of the release at that given time, but most likely spots a bug (or maybe incorporates a new feature) and that sets the release back. He can release it (or talk about when he believes he is going to) any time he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Well, the IRC is publicly accessible, and for that reason as well as the popularity of his software, anything said on there is likely to be posted elsewhere. (Example, here). So it doesn't matter if it's on his blog or on his IRC, it will still be spread around.

And I didn't say I thought he was trying to piss me off. I just stated that he should either say he speculates it will be released at that time, instead of saying it will be released at that time, or just not even guess and just say it will be out when it's out.

And even if I didn't want to read it, it would still be on here and all other sorts of Wii hacking sites. It's difficult to avoid.

Again, nothing against him and I do not wish to rush the release. I just honestly think he should just state speculated release dates as such or not say them at all.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
zektor said:
s3phir0th115 said:

Well, the IRC is publicly accessible, and for that reason as well as the popularity of his software, anything said on there is likely to be posted elsewhere. (Example, here). So it doesn't matter if it's on his blog or on his IRC, it will still be spread around.

And I didn't say I thought he was trying to piss me off. I just stated that he should either say he speculates it will be released at that time, instead of saying it will be released at that time, or just not even guess and just say it will be out when it's out.

And even if I didn't want to read it, it would still be on here and all other sorts of Wii hacking sites. It's difficult to avoid.

Again, nothing against him and I do not wish to rush the release. I just honestly think he should just state speculated release dates as such or not say them at all.
You've seriously never seen a release date change? How does Duke Nukem Forever end?

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In regards to Waninkoko's NAND emulator, does this mean you can run any Wii's NAND on any Wii via SD/USB? If so, this is quite an amazing feat! This means someone could create a optimized hacked Wii and people could use that NAND as a 'universal NAND' which would make hacking a Wii a whole lot easy and efficient with easy brick fixes.

I hope i got this right, if not someone set me straight.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rooskie54 said:
You've seriously never seen a release date change? How does Duke Nukem Forever end?

Oh, I've seen it, too much IMO. I'm just saying I'm not pleased with it and it should be avoided if possible.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
rooskie54 said:

Oh, I've seen it, too much IMO. I'm just saying I'm not pleased with it and it should be avoided if possible.
maybe he should just quit so he doesn't change release dates again.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
s3phir0th115 said:
rooskie54 said:

maybe he should just quit so he doesn't change release dates again.

For heaven's sake you people.... I said I have nothing against him or his work. I just think he shouldn't put up release dates when he isn't completely sure he will release it on these dates.

God forbid someone criticize something he does that doesn't help ANYTHING.....

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:
In regards to Waninkoko's NAND emulator, does this mean you can run any Wii's NAND on any Wii via SD/USB? If so, this is quite an amazing feat! This means someone could create a optimized hacked Wii and people could use that NAND as a 'universal NAND' which would make hacking a Wii a whole lot easy and efficient with easy brick fixes.

I hope i got this right, if not someone set me straight.

or someone can make a seriously fucked up nand and then fully brick a ton of peoples wiis >.<

so yeah dont really see that happening =P at least too quickly

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it seems as you can run any NAND dump (with Friend Codes, Mii´s and so on).

And to the post above you are loading the NAND from SD so you can´t brick, it simply don´t start the "bricked" Nand dump then as you would have "really" bricked your Wii

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
But, what about that wiis keys, and your keys? I mean, I don't really get how you can run a NAND that has keys different to your wii.

I believe the keys needed to decrypt (use) content on the wii are the public ones that are the same and all wii's have.

The ones that are different are the ones used to sign saves if I'm not mistaken. But all of the Wii's are able to decrypt the save, so I don't think a problem exists.

Then again I may have this mixed up, but I think that's what it is.

WiiLee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
But, what about that wiis keys, and your keys? I mean, I don't really get how you can run a NAND that has keys different to your wii.

keys are unique for everyones wii for example this is my wiis nand aes key: 5770 4eab 19c5 72f3 a8c8 abc8 6709 1114

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lordpoketehpenguin said:

VC/WiiWare games can be tranfered with the NAND Emulation. and Played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: