Any News IOSU?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Runehasa, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Sorry if this stirs the pot but I was just wondering if there has been any additional news from Hykem since his last (It'll be out if I ever feel like it) response. I have an opportunity to buy a 5.4 WiiU and just debating if I should jump on it and sell my 5.5. I obviously would rather not but Hykem seems to be acting rather douchy these days.

To anyone that attacks me for saying something against Hykem I say sorry but its hard to give credit and respect on only a promise to release something that has gone unfulfilled.

Daba411 likes this.

2. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    No further news on IOSU.
    Just the majority of GBATemp here are just too impatient who just post anything that doesn't make any sense.
    All I know Hykem is working hard on it. Yes, he has the real life RNG, that might has something to do with the recently passed out Ben Byer.
    There are still people who don't understand, those people are causing the drama, crapposting etc.

So probably Hykem doesn't give a heck what happens on the Temp and is just working on the exploit, without touching the browsers on PC/Smartphone to check this dull Temp lol

Last edited by thekarter104, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    >complaining about an exploit not releasing when you're not helping the hacking scene AT ALL.

Are you 12 or something ? those exploits are freaking time consuming to make and you can't release them like that. He never promised ANYTHING to you. nobody here promised anything to you. Make the exploit yourself if you're so intelligent.

4. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I would just think any developer at this point would know not to listen to the kiddies out there and then punish the grateful majority because of them. I have lots of respect for any developer doing this for us in his free time but this was just handled poorly

Daba411 likes this.
  5. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    ... No ? you didn't pay for it, and he didn't promise anything to you, as I said. You're probably "un enfant pourri gâté" as it's said in french that wants EVERYTHING right NOW.

You didn't pay for the exploit, he didn't promise anything, you can't act like you're acting "uhhh but this was handed so poorly he made promises...." he'll release it when he wants. The way you're talking makes it sound so easy; it's not.

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    getalife.com

7. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I am asking for legitimate information here please don't try to start fights.

8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Everything struck out is just being a dick, your are not just "asking for legitimate information", 80% of your post is being a dick and 20% is an actual question.
    So learn to write not like a whiny dick.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Feb 12, 2016
    gamesquest1 and ldeveraux like this.
  9. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Right now nobody would have a direct answer since we don't know when hykem will deliver. All you can do is either gamble and wait for the exploit to release then get a Wii U, or just get one now and play the waiting game. It's a tough choice, but it's all up to you.

All we know is that hykem is most definitely still working on the exploit. If he isn't, he's probably busy with life. If he isn't busy and he isn't working on it, then so be it.

10. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Want news - follow the damn sticky posts. They get updated every time something is released.
    Want faster news - follow Smea/Pluto/Derrek/Hykem on twitter

11. alive

alive Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2007
    Netherlands
    What kind of homebrew do you want so much that you are actually thinking about buying a lower firmware wii u? If it is all about the "back ups" then I guess you know exactly what you were asking and then you should not punish yourself with not buying the lower firmware console.

12. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    Hykem cancelled it to become a Nintendo lobbyist.

13. Aternel

Aternel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2015
    *crybaby mode on* So he could release a censored version of IOSU, in english only, with DLC ?

niño de cobre likes this.
  14. tomazzzi

tomazzzi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2007
    Hykem just got a job at Nintendo.

15. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Nah, it will be in the language of whatever they speak in Antartica :creep:

16. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    mmmmmhmmmmmm smexy drama

*Grabs buttered popcorn*

17. fwrudiger

fwrudiger Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    On one of Smea's post on twitter he put this...

Attached Files:

18. Neesh

Neesh GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    Confirmed, Hykem was bribed by Nintendo sold his exploit for 1.35 million

19. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    Or simply this:
    Anyway, I don't really see why there was a need for this thread. If there was any noteworthy news, you wouldn't have to ask, and the site would be plasatered with people doing weird stuff to their Wii U's and about 50 duplicate threads announcing the exploit's release.

20. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    To be completely fair, he did in fact promise a public release for IOSU publicly before February but I also agree he doesn't owe us anything and he can walk away at anytime.

Not sure why he made a "promise" in the first place. That implies he owes it to us to some degree.

jimbo13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.