Any multiplayer RPGs on the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bozeefus, Jul 11, 2012.

Jul 11, 2012
  1. bozeefus
    OP

Newcomer bozeefus Member

United States
    My friend just won a Wii and a PS3 and we are wondering what sort of multiplayer RPGs are available for the Wii.

We're looking for something similar to Diablo 3 where all the players are on the screen at a given time and can roam the world and kill things + level up. How far you roam is dictated by everyone else's position.

Any suggestions?

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Soon there will be Dragon Quest X, but it will be a love it or hate it situation, as well as needing a monthly subscription. No announcements for NA or Eu yet, but eh.

Closest thing I can think of is Monster Hunter Tri (3), though you can't level up. You can upgrade your gear, and the better you are at playing, the more likely you can survive. Basically, it doesn't rely on any personal stat changes, only those of your weapons / armor. Four players at a time online.

3. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Pookefloote is correct as far as I know, I actually clicked on this thread hoping to find maybe something I didn't already know about... :(

Yeah going to pass on DQX, I loved VII VIII and IX but with out a single player campaign I just don't see DQX as something I want to invest my time in..''

Edit: And on the subject of Diablo 3, I have a love hate relationship with the game. I like the fact that I have made money from the RMAH and I love the graphics of it they did a fantastic job. The parts I do not like are pretty much everything they stripped out of it to make it dumbed down that in turn is killing the end game. Diablo 2 LOD was easily 10 times the game Diablo 3 is. That being said Blizzard already has promised some DLC and an expansion so I am praying and hoping they fix the game and make it the real gem that I know is in there!

4. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Dokapon Kindgom. It's an RPG board game rather than diablo but it's loads of fun with 2+ people.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    If im not mistaken, the wii is actually pretty devoid of RPGs. I mean there are some, but the console doesnt have a ton.

6. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    the first thing that comes to mind is Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga
    the game is kinda of boring, but the OST is pretty good (Sakuraba of course)

Not sure if it has multiplayer option

7. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    The Last Story will be out soon. Online Multiplayer Action RPG with up to 6 people, if I understand it correctly. One per console though, I'm sure.

8. MG4M3R

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

Is a DS port, but worth your time.

9. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would like another Kings Field game for the PS3 or Wii or PC (Not sure if Sony owns the company that makes those.) I enjoyed those games a lot.

Edit: After posting in this thread I was bored so I hit up Wikipedia to see who makes Kings Field and they made 2 games for the PS3 that are sort of like Kings Field so I am going to give those a shot. Demon Souls and Dark souls, how I missed them I will never know :( but at least its not too late now lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Field_(series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WO7N0Qu8c

10. mrpinkeye

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

HOW DID YOU MISS DARK SOULS!? LOL