Hacking Any Luck Adding "Plugins"?

solarpolitiks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you notice, there is a folder in the DSTWO firmware called "_dstwoplug" or something. I attempted to add mine to the screen by making three files, nes.bmp (the image it displays), nes.ini (directs the firmware to the image and titles it), and nes.nds (what needs to be loaded). I did that and everything seemed to look fine, but when I load up the NES plugin I see the emulator start, then go to a black screen. It's a strange problem and I was wondering if anybody else tried something like this.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
solarpolitiks said:
If you notice, there is a folder in the DSTWO firmware called "_dstwoplug" or something. I attempted to add mine to the screen by making three files, nes.bmp (the image it displays), nes.ini (directs the firmware to the image and titles it), and nes.nds (what needs to be loaded). I did that and everything seemed to look fine, but when I load up the NES plugin I see the emulator start, then go to a black screen. It's a strange problem and I was wondering if anybody else tried something like this.
Does it work when you launch it regularly?

solarpolitiks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it loads fine from the DS rom menu. Just loads up and goes to a black screen from loading in the "Home" menu though, very weird.
EDIT: I was able to get Lameboy working the same way with no problems, seems the problem is with nesds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.