stefer

OP
Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem... i installed a d2sun pro v3.0 with wii-clip. SInce then, if i eject a disc, and try to put another one in, the mechanism doesn't pick it up. The door feels jammed. I power cycle my Wii (turn it completely off, then on), and the mechanism sounds like its resetting itself, only then i can put another disc in.
Any ideas??

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main data bus ribbon that connects the dvd drive to the wii may be unseated slightly. It gets easily disturbed when flipping the drive over to fit the chip.

stefer

OP
Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
rasputin said:
The main data bus ribbon that connects the dvd drive to the wii may be unseated slightly. It gets easily disturbed when flipping the drive over to fit the chip.

I remember having to re-insert it since it came out when i opened back my wii to set those darn DIP switches on the chip. They said only to short pin 1 for DMS chipsets, but on the wii-clip website they say to leave DIP 3 off and 4 on for usa-DMS. (+ short pin 1)...
hate2.gif

Anyway, followed your advice, i reseated it, and plugged it and tested it and now it works fine! So i put it back together, making sure not to screw the screws too tightly (secured but not too tight). And now i power it up and all is OK.

So thx guys for your help!!! greatly appreciated!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out