Any guide on using BCML for Switch?

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the guides I can find online are for CEMU or PC. Can't find anything that teaches me how to install BNP mods for BOTW on Switch.

Please let me know if you know how to do it. Thanks!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's only few mods for switch. Search bananarama
I am well aware of this fact and got several mods working. I am just trying to get the girly animation mod to work Linkle mod, but it appears I need to repackage the .pack file. I've spent several hours trying to figure out how to do that and haven't found any kind of proper documentation on going about accomplishing this, outside of using BCML. I tried looking up how to use BCML with the Switch and got nothing for that as well. It shouldn't be this hard to get some proper documentation on this shit.

Reactions: Metoroid0

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry. Gamebanana.com
Not helpful, I literally went through there to get this mod and spent several hours trying to make it work. This shouldn't be so difficult to get some simple documentation on how to get this shit working.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am well aware of this fact and got several mods working. I am just trying to get the girly animation mod to work Linkle mod, but it appears I need to repackage the .pack file. I've spent several hours trying to figure out how to do that and haven't found any kind of proper documentation on going about accomplishing this, outside of using BCML. I tried looking up how to use BCML with the Switch and got nothing for that as well. It shouldn't be this hard to get some proper documentation on this shit.
I'm trying to do the same thing, apparently that resource table thing also needs to be combined/merged...and I'm completely lost there. I figured out how to combine pack files, though. Look up WildBits and start with that. As for the resource table things, you're on your own there, for now anyways.

Tried using Gamebanana for help and it's like...they just want me to waste time by reinstalling stuff or redumping the game. I wouldn't be there if it was THAT easy. -.-

Reactions: 6tea6

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm trying to do the same thing, apparently that resource table thing also needs to be combined/merged...and I'm completely lost there. I figured out how to combine pack files, though. Look up WildBits and start with that. As for the resource table things, you're on your own there, for now anyways.

Tried using Gamebanana for help and it's like...they just want me to waste time by reinstalling stuff or redumping the game. I wouldn't be there if it was THAT easy. -.-
I had help from @switchhunter666 and both of us spent about 2 to 3 days completely failing to get this to work. The biggest issue that we ran into was the game file requirement, why the fuck does BCML require the games files to be a mod manager? That’s grossly unnecessary. There was also just the issue of shit not working, even when following the guides and confirming everything multiple times. Gamebanana is a fucking joke of a site. There are so many “guides” that are incomplete or “require additional hacking knowledge,” while not providing any resources for that. How is anyone supposed to learn when the information is scattered, incomplete, and require knowledge one doesn’t have to begin with? Seriously, I followed the first hacking guide for the 3DS and that was easier than hacking BOTW.

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had help from @switchhunter666 and both of us spent about 2 to 3 days completely failing to get this to work. The biggest issue that we ran into was the game file requirement, why the fuck does BCML require the games files to be a mod manager? That’s grossly unnecessary. There was also just the issue of shit not working, even when following the guides and confirming everything multiple times. Gamebanana is a fucking joke of a site. There are so many “guides” that are incomplete or “require additional hacking knowledge,” while not providing any resources for that. How is anyone supposed to learn when the information is scattered, incomplete, and require knowledge one doesn’t have to begin with? Seriously, I followed the first hacking guide for the 3DS and that was easier than hacking BOTW.
I added music in Smash Ultimate, custom outfits in Atelier Ryza...with the Ryza mod originally being the Steam version and only required me to rename files with mild changes. Yet Breath of the Wild on Switch, is a total nightmare for some reason. The Linkle mod alone works, why is BCML failing to combine mods? Also yeah, GameBanana makes it sound super easy...yet all I've gotten are crashes when launching the game. -.-

Most help I've gotten through GB's suggested discord server is to reinstall and redump the game...I'm 99% this won't help and they're just wasting my time. >_>

Reactions: The Catboy

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my freakin' gawd!

...I figured out my issue, figured I'd post here to let you know in case you ended up doing the same thing. When you dump the game, dump the UPDATED version and not the base. -.-

For me, I kept things simple and just used Linkle along with the girl animations after redumping and it's finally working now. Holy crap...all that damn time wasted, I think I started trying all this crap last week. lol

Reactions: theprz

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There at Bannna site, has a switch mod already created called "Zelda's Ballad & More" in which it has that "girly animation" included. No BCML needed, just copy files to contents folder.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by pakrett,

reze_ha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/threads/made-a-...-nintendo-switch-console.607473/#post-9744030

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off