Any guidance would me much appreciated :)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by NecroPod, May 12, 2016.

1. NecroPod
    OP

NecroPod Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Canada
    Downgraded my kids 2DS and running RX-E 9.2.0-20U emuNAND.

looking to upgrade the SD card to a larger size without messing anything up. could anyone point me in the right direction preferably Noob friendly ?

cheers :grog:

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Just directly copy and paste everything from the old card to the new one.

3. codeluca

codeluca GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    Italy
    Naples, Italy
    I do not know if RX Emunand is different from the other ones but if it is, your Emunand is stored in a hidden partition of the SD CARD so you cannot simply copy and paste. You need to copy that partition too.

With this you should be able to transfer your Emunand to a new SD CARD: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

Then you can copy the remaining data simply copy-pasting.

I'm not an expert so I could be wrong, remember that. :)

4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Oh yeah, I forgot about EmuNAND. Not really used to it anymore, heh.

TheKawaiiDesu and codeluca like this.
  5. Ricken

Ricken And you must keep your soul

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Backup EmuNand, Backup all your SD files (dont format the old card), boot EmuNand9 with your old SD, hit colplete EmuNand setup, insert the New SD, and proceed

Then copy the files to your New SD and restore the EuNand backup

6. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    To make it easier for yourself and the child, spend some time re-installing emuNAND. RxTools is kinda abandoned and it's pretty bad. Let alone that, that boot rate wasn't even 50% for me on my 3DSXL.

I just completely wiped everything to install Luma3DS (former Aureynand if i'm not mistaken) and it's absolutely amazing. Here's the guide, really easy to follow and tells you exactly when and what to do. I can sort of help you with answers regarding the migration from rxTools to this too if you need some

streetbrawler123 likes this.