Gaming Any good 3DS games?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story 3D - Vastly underrated IMO, the graphics style adds a lot of atmosphere to the game and there is a lot of detail to the backgrounds and environments that just isn't possible with the 2D graphics style of the original, other than that it's still the same great game. I don't see where you're coming from with the controls as I've played both and I never felt like the controls were impairing me in any way. The game is hard, but the controls aren't to blame for it.
One thing I would like to point out about Cave Story 3D over Cave Story in the eShop is the platforming is a bit rough in some areas as it's hard to tell what's part of the foreground and what's part of the background. Seems like they should have made use of brighter colors that contrast with the background objects. That said, the 3D version does treat you to a great remastered soundtrack from Danny B.

Just wanted to point out some of the flaws, though it's still a good remake. Also, it's a lot harder to find now and expensive. Generally, if you want to check out Cave Story, I recommend the one off the eShop for 3DS or Cave Story+ from Humble as they're only $10 and are tightly designed. Only go for the 3DS 3D remake if you find it cheap or if you're really into Cave Story.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
One thing I would like to point out about Cave Story 3D over Cave Story in the eShop is the platforming is a bit rough in some areas as it's hard to tell what's part of the foreground and what's part of the background. Seems like they should have made use of brighter colors that contrast with the background objects. That said, the 3D version does treat you to a great remastered soundtrack from Danny B.

Just wanted to point out some of the flaws, though it's still a good remake. Also, it's a lot harder to find now and expensive. Generally, if you want to check out Cave Story, I recommend the one off the eShop for 3DS or Cave Story+ from Humble as they're only $10 and are tightly designed. Only go for the 3DS 3D remake if you find it cheap or if you're really into Cave Story.
But this is GBAtemp. Game prices aren't exactly a concern :P
I was lucky enough to buy the game back when it was still easy to get. Love Cave Story, so it was a near instant buy when I saw it in a store. The only downside (to me) is that it's missing the extras from Cave Story +, it has all the content of the original version though.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But this is GBAtemp. Game prices aren't exactly a concern :P
I was lucky enough to buy the game back when it was still easy to get. Love Cave Story, so it was a near instant buy when I saw it in a store. The only downside (to me) is that it's missing the extras from Cave Story +, it has all the content of the original version though.
I'm thinking about it from the perspective of someone now who may have never played Cave Story. I also don't assume everyone is a pirate. Just because I'm into homebrew doesn't mean I pirate. I also have Cave Story 3D, I loved it, just not quite as much as the original or Cave Story+.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1