Homebrew Any cheat homebrews being worked on?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started playing animal crossing new leaf again but I don't feel like playing through everything I did before lol. I was just wondering where we were at cheatbrew wise? whether its ninjhax/gateway/ or a save editor(which would work for me)

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a save editor for retail cart ACNL isn't likely just yet since only gateway's GO exploit can dump saves but ACNL is a type2 cart so the save can't be dumped separate from the ROM, and the ROM partition can't be written to (using the gateway launcher file). BUT, maybe that'll change soon. As for in game cheats, I suppose that's more likely right now, but right now, with ninjhax, ejecting the cart suspends the game, and Gateway's exploit doesn't allow homebrew (other than gateway's own launcher.dat file)

What we need is for someone to write an exploit that activates with the web browser but runs homebrew launcher. then someone needs to write a homebrew such as geckoOS or Ocarina that'll run cheats and launch retail carts. I haven't got a damn clue if it's even possible to use the web exploit to write a homebrew with permission to launch a retail game cart, but that's the only think I can think of.

Reactions: blinkzane

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like there's the possibility of creating a .cia file to install on the emuNAND menu that we can run right before running a rom. but

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like there's the possibility of creating a .cia file to install on the emuNAND menu that we can run right before running a rom. but

oh. if you're talking about running a ROM then that's totally different. You can certainly extract and inject the save file, but for now nobody's cracked the programming of the ACNL save data, so there is no mod. I would def look up the wild world save editor, though, (by Aibohack iirc). He did some AMAZING shit back in the day for a wild world editor. cracked that game WIDE open.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh. if you're talking about running a ROM then that's totally different. You can certainly extract and inject the save file, but for now nobody's cracked the programming of the ACNL save data, so there is no mod. I would def look up the wild world save editor, though, (by Aibohack iirc). He did some AMAZING shit back in the day for a wild world editor. cracked that game WIDE open.

yeah I do remember that lol. city folk had some good save editors too

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean there's no save editor?

I use Powersaves 3DS and dump my own save files, edit them, and put them back into my game cartridge.
I thought Powersaves didn't let you directly edit saves. I know someone found a way to decrypt saves with it, but that still doesn't let you re-encrypt them to put back on the cartridge.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Powersaves didn't let you directly edit saves. I know someone found a way to decrypt saves with it, but that still doesn't let you re-encrypt them to put back on the cartridge.
Yes it does. Put it in C:\Users\<username>\Powersaves3DS\GameidDATE(NAME).bin or .sav.

DEElekgolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If there was a way to decrypt the cart save, edit it, and put it back on then I'd be up for looking into AC stuff and possibly writing tools.
If homebrew save editing became a thing then that would streamline things.
If there is a way to load the hombrew rom into memory and then swap the cart to have it read saves from a cart like those old DS homebrew tools did then that would be very useful.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sucks.....
Hopefully someday it will be possible to run kernel mode non- gateway launcher.dat homebrew...
Wait, I'm on 4.5 so I'm vulnerable to the ds profile exploit! Since that can use custom launchers, is there a way for me to use that?

it's possible, I havent played with custom firmwares but i think as long as you can use title manager and save data filer you can use it

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know if there is something for Persona Q. I would like something for easy money. Instead of spending hours to just increase my money to buy items (I'm sorry but I'm to busy to spend mostly all of my time attacking monsters just to sell items for money when I want to play through the game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: