Any cheat homebrews being worked on?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by blinkzane, Jan 15, 2015.

1. blinkzane
    OP

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I started playing animal crossing new leaf again but I don't feel like playing through everything I did before lol. I was just wondering where we were at cheatbrew wise? whether its ninjhax/gateway/ or a save editor(which would work for me)

2. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    a save editor for retail cart ACNL isn't likely just yet since only gateway's GO exploit can dump saves but ACNL is a type2 cart so the save can't be dumped separate from the ROM, and the ROM partition can't be written to (using the gateway launcher file). BUT, maybe that'll change soon. As for in game cheats, I suppose that's more likely right now, but right now, with ninjhax, ejecting the cart suspends the game, and Gateway's exploit doesn't allow homebrew (other than gateway's own launcher.dat file)

What we need is for someone to write an exploit that activates with the web browser but runs homebrew launcher. then someone needs to write a homebrew such as geckoOS or Ocarina that'll run cheats and launch retail carts. I haven't got a damn clue if it's even possible to use the web exploit to write a homebrew with permission to launch a retail game cart, but that's the only think I can think of.

blinkzane likes this.
  3. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    I feel like there's the possibility of creating a .cia file to install on the emuNAND menu that we can run right before running a rom. but

4. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    oh. if you're talking about running a ROM then that's totally different. You can certainly extract and inject the save file, but for now nobody's cracked the programming of the ACNL save data, so there is no mod. I would def look up the wild world save editor, though, (by Aibohack iirc). He did some AMAZING shit back in the day for a wild world editor. cracked that game WIDE open.

5. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    yeah I do remember that lol. city folk had some good save editors too

6. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    What do you mean there's no save editor?
    I use Powersaves 3DS and dump my own save files, edit them, and put them back into my game cartridge.

7. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I thought Powersaves didn't let you directly edit saves. I know someone found a way to decrypt saves with it, but that still doesn't let you re-encrypt them to put back on the cartridge.

8. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Yes it does. Put it in C:\Users\<username>\Powersaves3DS\GameidDATE(NAME).bin or .sav.

9. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Is that new?

10. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    No, it's been like this since I bought mine in early 2014... Nobody's figured it out yet except me (which is kinda sad considering I'm a noob)

11. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    talking about this program right here. http://www.aibohack.com/nds/ac_mapedit2.htm

12. DEElekgolo

DEElekgolo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2009
    United States
    If there was a way to decrypt the cart save, edit it, and put it back on then I'd be up for looking into AC stuff and possibly writing tools.
    If homebrew save editing became a thing then that would streamline things.
    If there is a way to load the hombrew rom into memory and then swap the cart to have it read saves from a cart like those old DS homebrew tools did then that would be very useful.

13. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
  14. blinkzane
    OP

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    it's possible, I havent played with custom firmwares but i think as long as you can use title manager and save data filer you can use it

15. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    I want to know if there is something for Persona Q. I would like something for easy money. Instead of spending hours to just increase my money to buy items (I'm sorry but I'm to busy to spend mostly all of my time attacking monsters just to sell items for money when I want to play through the game).