jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So any one here a buddhist? I was looking for a bit of information on the subject. Im not really a relgious person but i dunno why but if i was gunna join a religion this seems like one for me. How did you decide you were one? Howd you become one? etc etc

thanks!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
All hail Brahman. No, I'm not Buddhist, but after studying up on the subject, it seems the strangest, most vague religion out there. (No offence to Buddhists, it's just my opinion) I'm Catholic. now that's a good religion.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dunno if its to ur liking , but Islam is a pretty rewarding religion. ( not gonna force u or anything, just saying what I belive.) In Islam, we belive God is kind and merciful, it is part of our religion to give to the poor. There is a lot more reasons I love my religion, but I don't want to take up an entire page!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Buddhist...

not gonna talk about it though.
ph34r.gif

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm Buddhist and I agree its really vague and abstract. Like the rules are sort of undefined, but most of them have alot to do with your past lives and karma. Unlike Catholics who live by the 10 commandments.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm technically a Buddhist, although I only practice it during certain family events (funerals, weddings)

Otherwise I am atheist.

I haven't researched or studied Buddhism beyond things like burning certain types of folded paper to bring good luck and fortune for the afterlife.

nailsinourbacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been an active SGI-USA member for a few years now. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can and definitely can guide ya to other more knowledgeable people/resources that can. There are many different 'types' of Buddhisms, SGI (Sokka Gakkai International) follows the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin which focuses on the teachings of the Lotus Sutra (Buddha Shakyamuni). We don't have temples per say, of course semantics will become all relative in the end, we call them community centers generally. Keep in mind Buddhism can be a major motor movement, it isn't always just about meditating and self reflection (although you're much more then welcome to do that as much as you want!), by reaching out peacefully across nations and cultures to find a common bond of humanity amongst all are we able to achieve an identity of world peace (kosen-rufu; this is a goal of SGI and is done so through human revolution). Please don't mistake me for standing on a soap box and preaching
lecture.gif
this is not my intention. If anyone would like to learn more, I'd be glad to shoot whomever a PM. Take care!

Colin

ebdynasty

Trophies
XP
Country
NINTENDO DS said:
Like the other guy said "Islam is rewarding"

My dad is a muslim, and I have four mothers.

Yeah islam is a very rewarding religion, but the media has made it look so bad giving people incorrect information, and good luck to your dad, I personally cant love more than one woman as much as the other. In Islam we believe Allah is God, God is Allah, look in arabic versions of the bible, you will see the name Allah. Islam isn't the final religion, it has always been around, all past prophets such as Jesus and Moses peace be upon them were all muslims, they were not preaching about new religions, only carrying on the work of the previous prophets, with Muhammad peace be upon him being the final one.

Check these sites out -

http://godallah.com/
http://www.islam.com/
http://www.islamicity.com/

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
seedvt said:
I'm technically a Buddhist, although I only practice it during certain family events (funerals, weddings)

Otherwise I am atheist.

I thought Buddhism was non-theist religion anyway?

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I am a Muslim, but guys, the OP asked 'Any Buddhist here?', it's not very useful to say to him 'I'm _____'
And BTW, it's not because of Religion that wars are made. It's because of the human nature, the fact that humans want to spread and force what they believe in. Islam, for a FACT, does not tell you to go kill people from other religions or invade them. Anyone who says that the Quran orders us to do this is just quoting the Quran out of context. It'd be nice if you guys actually looked it up from the right sources instead of believing the western media who just make up stuff.

Also, I'd suggest to the OP to ask or look for information in a better place, than a gaming website forum
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You can look at the Quran and find justification for war or justification for peace, just like you can with any other religious text. People mould their religious texts around their views, not vice versa.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
BlueStar said:
You can look at the Quran and find justification for war or justification for peace, just like you can with any other religious text. People mould their religious texts around their views, not vice versa.
Actually, we can't change the Quran at all. The way the Quran is right now, is the same way it always was, if that's what you meant by mould.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal