Answer me plzzuu (Firmware question)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JagoTheTibet, Jun 26, 2015.

?

Is it worth to update firmware to latest version?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2015.
  1. Yes!

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO!!

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. JagoTheTibet
    OP

JagoTheTibet Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    So i own already a sky3ds card but i want to able to use maybe e-shop or purchasing dlc those games that are inside in my sky3ds (Micro Sd-Card) but is it worth to download update of firmware? im currently at 9.7.0-25E. I think i cant get like "Gateaway" because it requires something lower firmware then mine firmware and i think Gateway can do more stuff like install CIA or create header? While users like me that have sky3ds can only play games with the card but can't play online because of public headers ive heard.

So is it worth to update my firmware 9.7.0-25E to the latest firmware?

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Get a hard mod done to preserve your firmware. Once done backup your nand and update worry free

3. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    if you are in 9.7 then yes you should update to latest firmware, any other upcoming exploit will probably be on more later firmware. however I have heard of ninjhax will probably come out for 9.8

4. JagoTheTibet
    OP

JagoTheTibet Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    What is hard mod? do i gotta download or is it like i have to do something to my 3ds? i searched on google - pictures and found things looked like a mini motherboard? or chip that are stuck onto the 3ds.

What is the latest firmware today? And i searched about ninjhax, looks like they did homebrew app on the 3ds? could be useful on my 3ds but i have no clue what i can do with the homebrew thing.

5. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It's four wires soldered to the 3ds that allows you to backup your nand (in your case 9.7) so even if you update you can always restore 9.7. The four wires are wired usually to an external quick port and then to an sd card. The sd card is then read by a computer.

6. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    You may aswell update to 9.8, there is no known public exploits for 9.7

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just update, any new exploits that would work on 9.7 will almost certainly also work on 9.8

just always keep an eye out for the latest FW warning as you will usually get a warning just before or just after a new update is out that you shouldn't do it (if/when a theoretical new exploit is found)

8. JagoTheTibet
    OP

JagoTheTibet Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    Can i update my games example: SSB4? or will it cause something? And i might purchase couple of dlc like ryu,roy dlc or do i need a private header to purchase dlc's?

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well you need to go to the eshop via the game to buy DLC, so a private header would be advised, but yeah update and grab as many updates for games and any DLC/eshop titles you want to buy if you aim to stick around on lower FW's in future in the hope of a new exploit

10. JagoTheTibet
    OP

JagoTheTibet Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    isn't it smarter if i get the private header first then buy dlc? or does it even matter?

11. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    Are you playing online? Also, next time choose a different title such as "should I upgrade from 9.7 to 9.8?".

12. JagoTheTibet
    OP

JagoTheTibet Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2015
    i founded out i dont needed private header anyway and yea i should make the title better next time if i were going to post on forums in future.

13. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You don't need a header for cia files but playing roms in gw or sky3ds online really should have a private header