Another "What card"-thread

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Qtis, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2011

Another "What card"-thread by Qtis at 3:15 PM (719 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Qtis
    OP

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Hello everyone!

I've been browsing the forums again since lately I've picked up my interest in the DS again. After a while of searching I've noticed that some of the cards I've thought about have been updated quite frequently and thus are tempting alternatives to compare OS wise. Currently I own a CycloDS Evo running B.5 which works quite well and haven't got a single game that doesn't work yet. The new OS on the Cyclo is nearly finished but since a lot has changed in the operating systems after I bought my Cyclo, I'm wondering what would currently be a nice alternative OS wise.

Game compatibility is another thing but how do the GUI differ between cards. Basically interested in the R4 (R4i Gold?), Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo and my original CycloDS Evo. Has anyone actually made a comparison between the four cards mentioned ie. how well the GUI works and is it stable and userfriendly? I've read the GBAtemp reviews but they don't include the latest OS's for any of the cards mentioned [​IMG]

-Qtis

ps. should I just forget about the R4? It basically can't do anything interesting compared to the rest (and costs about $3)..

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    You want a good OS?
    Supercard DSTWo can run MenuDO but only on a 2gb or Less microSD.MenuDO is th best if you need SDHC get the Acekard 2i or r4i Gold.R4i Gold is better if you dont have a DS Lite

3. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

4. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    I use this same thread since my question is same though completely unrelated from Qtis's:

I have a (new) DS lite (again, after I thought I've given up on DS, DS proves to never give me up)

I had given friend my old DS for money (this can also be stated as act of selling) with flashcart that first was acekard 2i, as I kept cycloDS for possibly selling etc.

now I got a new DS lite, and I am not quite sure these days as of patches and antipiracy, is Acekard 2 (with AKAIO, naturally) better choice over CycloDS?

Also, is the acekard 2 hardware problem still possible to encounter or is that lightened up, originally i bought 2i since I possibly would have upgraded, and I did not want to deal with possibly faulty cart that was common with normal AK2's back then. - Is it still worth to pay 2 extra bucks for that hardware security even though I am gonna use only DS lite?

5. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.