Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello, I saw an article on GBAtemp saying that the R4i team came out
with a product that allowed you to backup and over write save files of
3ds games.

I though "hrmmm, that sounds... average"

But, the article also said that I could get one free if I did a review for it.
SOOOO, I sent them a overly polite letter stating my situation and me wanting
to review one. Behold! they actually sent me one... now it's time to do my part of the bargain.

Well, the thing is very big for anything USB but it was packed in a very small box. Upon open it up and putting a game in it I noticed you had to put the game in backwards, with I thought was odd. Once you put the game in, the cartridge protrudes out of the device about 3 centimeters. When I plugged in the device into the computer nothing instantly, and of coarse that's because you have to install driver software and a manager program... how retro...Oh...It also does NDS games, FYI.

Now to the meat and potatoes.
I've tested this device with Blazblue, SSF4, SM3dL.
It seems newer games Have a different save format so SM3dL, Mk7, AND Need For Speed: the run (the poor children) don't work. Allthough the software will be updated to handle this.

This is a device for thoughs who are paranoid and/or Filthy cheaters...
but aren't we all?

7.5/10 STARS

P.S. 3rd place I posted this review, thought I may as well.

schmammal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the article... i dont have a blog... *other guy* yeah I had gotten bad save files, they might have been PAL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...