Hacking Another quick question

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's me again, with another n00bish question. Will the slot 2 GBA add on pack for M3 DS real play hacked roms or gameboy color roms?

Archimdae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, the expansion is only for GBA games. The emulators will work for older game boy color games n such without the expansion. So it's only needed for the GBA Roms. Feel free to correct me anyone, if thats wrong :0).

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
True, to play older GB games, you'll need emulators, and to play GBA games, you just need RAM expansion (no need for emulators)..
And you can play hacked ROMs with no problem, as long as they are compiled to .gba (for GBA games) and .nds (for NDS games), or their appropriate extension..

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually, for hacked GBA games you need to check first if the nintendo logo(header) isn't broken.
if it is, fix it with gbata.

and the m3real can play gb/gbc games through the slot-2 expansion.
however with the right homebrew software you can also do it without slot-2 expansion(gb and gbc, not gba)
the m3real uses a gb/gbc emulator for the GBA to run gb/gbc games.

~Russ~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. And now for another n00b question. At the site I'm buying it from, there is an option to have it bundled with a MicroSD card. Does this mean I need a MicroSD card to use it?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
MicroSD card is needed for slot 1 cart (M3 Real in this case)...The cart itself doesn't have memory, but uses microSD as the storage system..

But I would recommend getting a microSD from some other place, because bundled cards are always overpriced..
And also, if you're buying microSD SDHC (4 GB and bigger), look for the speed class, the higher, the better (the best is class 6)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up