Hacking another questions thread.

KaizokuOu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, just got a new cyclods. just need a few questions answered. i did a quick search without much luck but forgive me if theyve been asked before.

1. is there anyway to let the cyclo read from a microsd in a slot-2 flashcart e.g. to play MP3s or DPGs? (i have an m3 lite if that matters)

2. i was wondering how the save file system works,
can i have multiple saves? (i read no, but theres an option for normal save and alternate save and couldnt work out how this works yet)
am i able to just change the name of the save to match the ROM name and itll work (when i back up save files on my computer and replace them back to microsd)? or do i have to use a program the couple the rom and save?
can i make the cycloDS create saves in a /SAVE folder instead of automatically making them on the root of the card?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
is there anyway to let the cyclo read from a microsd in a slot-2 flashcart e.g. to play MP3s or DPGs? (i have an m3 lite if that matters)
Sadly not, but you can boot to slot from the cycloDS menu.
i was wondering how the save file system works,
can i have multiple saves? (i read no, but theres an option for normal save and alternate save and couldnt work out how this works yet)
For the normal and alternate saves, you must install v1.5 of the fw. You can change wether the cyclo will use the save in the same folder as the rom, or the one in the \SAVES directory (this can be changed) whenever you want from the settings
am i able to just change the name of the save to match the ROM name and itll work (when i back up save files on my computer and replace them back to microsd)? or do i have to use a program the couple the rom and save?
No, the latter method is not neccicary
can i make the cycloDS create saves in a /SAVE folder instead of automatically making them on the root of the card?
Saves are in the same folder as the rom by default, not in the root. but if the save method is set on alternate in the settings menu, it will use the saves in the saves folder.

Sorry if I was unclear, I hope this helps.

Vincent T

Trophies
Website
www.myanimelist.net
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
is there anyway to let the cyclo read from a microsd in a slot-2 flashcart e.g. to play MP3s or DPGs? (i have an m3 lite if that matters)
Sadly not, but you can boot to slot from the cycloDS menu.
i was wondering how the save file system works,
For the normal and alternate saves, you must install v1.5 of the fw. You can change wether the cyclo will use the save in the same folder as the rom, or the one in the \SAVES directory (this can be changed) whenever you want from the settings
No, the latter method is not neccicary
Saves are in the same folder as the rom by default, not in the root. but if the save method is set on alternate in the settings menu, it will use the saves in the saves folder.

Sorry if I was unclear, I hope this helps.

i couldnt agree more with your post haha
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1