Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sony may be readying a proper successor to the PlayStation Portable, reports IGN, with a "widescreen multi-touch interface" equipped PSP2 "on the horizon." If you're expecting further details on the rumored hardware, bail out now.

As IGN points out though, things like an iPhone-esque multi-touch interface wouldn't come as a surprise to virtually anyone. It's practically guaranteed to have one, so we'd consider this more than a safe bet — it's an inevitability.

Sony's been fishing for public opinion recently on what PlayStation faithful would want from a follow-up to the original PSP, surveying its customers on potential hardware features. These included a touchscreen, naturally, as well as a smaller form factor, Bluetooth support, and built-in storage, among many other things.

With the PSP's fifth birthday rolling around this December, a full-fledged hardware update wouldn't be out of the question, just unlikely. With the company focusing on software updates for the current PSP and a transition to digital distribution still ongoing, plus a money losing PlayStation 3 still weighing down the PlayStation business, we'd think a proper PSP2 is still some time off.

But I guess it depends on what your definition of "on the horizon" is. With a good 18 months between the announcement of the first PSP and its ship date in Japan, we'd think 2010 at the earliest. Who wants to take bets?

News Source: Kotaku

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope it will be harder to get CFW. CFW is killing the psp right now
frown.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
One, what's CFW? Two, why would Sony have to go mimic the DS?

Isn't the PSP just fine with the crappy UMD that for some reason doesn't work if the disc get out of place.
What about the 'awesome' graphics people keep ripping off that the DS doesn't have. Let me tell you, even if the new PSP comes out, I guaranteed that the DSi will still have more sells than the PSP2 or whatever...

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
One, what's CFW? Two, why would Sony have to go mimic the DS?

Isn't the PSP just fine with the crappy UMD that for some reason doesn't work if the disc get out of place.
What about the 'awesome' graphics people keep ripping off that the DS doesn't have. Let me tell you, even if the new PSP comes out, I guaranteed that the DSi will still have more sells than the PSP2 or whatever...
CFW is Custom Firmware and the touchscreen is a really good market! Everyone loves fingerprints and touching stuff.

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont think this is gonna happen....sony is just not that way to fake the ds and also... it would be a ds with better graphics while playstation(p,2,3) are like the only thing left with xbox that has like buttons... IF this is gonna happen i hope ds owns the psp2 so hard that it would stop selling (fakers
mad.gif
)

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why CFW are killing PSP and Flashcards not??
Hell, there's no fuck'n difference.
It's just the games, PSP need moar love, moar GOOD games.

Anyway, I don't believe in this news...

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"Wow, not only did Sony take the time to deny an IGN rumor about the PSP2, but the company took the opportunity to flat out insult the site. IGN recently cited "several credible sources" in a report on Sony's next handheld, allegedly featuring a touch screen, Bluetooth support, hard drive and GPS. MCV then spoke to Sony about the rumor -- that's when the sparks flew.

"Clearly, being a quiet time of year, many, what we thought to be credible websites, are making up stories about PSP2, and how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses," Sony explained. "Hopefully, you can sense a mild tone of sarcasm, which should hopefully indicate how 'on the money' IGN are. Needless to say, we don't comment on rumour or speculation, but this is nonsense."

We don't know who to feel embarrassed for right now, but it's certainly going to be awkward if IGN is right."

No more PSP2 rumors. PLEASE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night