Another PSP2 Rumor

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009

Another PSP2 Rumor by Rock Raiyu at 12:29 PM (915 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    News Source: Kotaku

2. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hope it will be harder to get CFW. CFW is killing the psp right now [​IMG]

3. Maat

Newcomer Maat Member

Brazil
    You can have sure that will be 100 times more harder or even impossible for a long time....

4. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    One, what's CFW? Two, why would Sony have to go mimic the DS?

Isn't the PSP just fine with the crappy UMD that for some reason doesn't work if the disc get out of place.
    What about the 'awesome' graphics people keep ripping off that the DS doesn't have. Let me tell you, even if the new PSP comes out, I guaranteed that the DSi will still have more sells than the PSP2 or whatever...

5. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    CFW is Custom Firmware and the touchscreen is a really good market! Everyone loves fingerprints and touching stuff.

6. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    the only thing psp is missing is decent games. making a new one with touchscreen isn't gonna help

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Custom firmware (CFW) is SAVING the PSP. I bet 2 out of 3 people buy a PSP with an intent to put custom firmware on it.

8. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    i dont think this is gonna happen....sony is just not that way to fake the ds and also... it would be a ds with better graphics while playstation(p,2,3) are like the only thing left with xbox that has like buttons... IF this is gonna happen i hope ds owns the psp2 so hard that it would stop selling (fakers [​IMG] )

9. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Why CFW are killing PSP and Flashcards not??
    Hell, there's no fuck'n difference.
    It's just the games, PSP need moar love, moar GOOD games.

Anyway, I don't believe in this news...

10. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "Wow, not only did Sony take the time to deny an IGN rumor about the PSP2, but the company took the opportunity to flat out insult the site. IGN recently cited "several credible sources" in a report on Sony's next handheld, allegedly featuring a touch screen, Bluetooth support, hard drive and GPS. MCV then spoke to Sony about the rumor -- that's when the sparks flew.

"Clearly, being a quiet time of year, many, what we thought to be credible websites, are making up stories about PSP2, and how it allows you to teleport across the globe, travel through time, and will be powered by the horns of baby rhinoceroses," Sony explained. "Hopefully, you can sense a mild tone of sarcasm, which should hopefully indicate how 'on the money' IGN are. Needless to say, we don't comment on rumour or speculation, but this is nonsense."

We don't know who to feel embarrassed for right now, but it's certainly going to be awkward if IGN is right."

No more PSP2 rumors. PLEASE.