Hacking Another Problem!!! (My DS Lite)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the DS. My cuzin came to my house with his battery and he gave me his battery and I put his battery in my DS and now it charges. For some reason I took my old battery out and gave it to him and he put it in his DS and it charges on his DS.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this happened to my friends ds lite (real r4+2gb) and it didnt charge at all then he got a new charger and it worked for 2 days n stopped working we got the battery exchanged and it worked so first try n replace ur battery before sending it

Stevebenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blah,blah,blah I dont need one
XP
Country
YYYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS i finally got another battery for the ds lite and it worked all thanks to my lil bro's friend(
wacko.gif
). on the day he fixed it the battery was low so i said ok im going to charge it then disaster! ALL THE BULLS WERE RAMPAGING LIKE IT WAS THERE BIRTHDAY AND COCA-COLA TASTING LIKE SHIT BUT WORSE OF all the DS wouldnt charge like it wouldn't even blink on...the light didnt turn on for 0.5 second or any seconds... so what i did was repeated all the steps i did before First:me
yaynds.gif
Second:me
hate2.gif
Third:more me
wacko.gif
Fourth:my big bro
lecture.gif
and finally me
mad.gif

this is like my 5th edit
smileipb2.png

Bottom Line (Literally): does anyone have any ideas my 360 is starting to get boring cuz i got no net and everything bores the living *@&$

oldmstnggt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To the OP it sounds like it could be the L2 power inductor. Doing a quick Google it looks to be a 33uH. Try replacing it and seeing if that works.

To tell you the truth I have a mobo doing the same thing and an other one where the mic got wet and fried. So I am going to harvest the L2 inductor off the blown mic one and transplant it to the other one. I'll post back in a few days once I get it done and let you know how is works out.

See pic below for L2 location:

e71lrq.gif

Sorry should point out that (if not obvious) that it needs to be SM (surface mount) 33uH inductor.

oldmstnggt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stevebenz said:
didnt you read
moogle.gif
... i kind of fixed it just wont charge it does turn on but it doesnt charge. (full stop)

Stevebenz,

It sounds like the "F2" fuse is blown, you'll need to replace it or bridge it. I recommend replacing it. See the pic below for F1 and F2 fuse locations;

2lnkfgn.jpg

If replacing or bridging the F2 fuse does not fix your problem then try the F1 fuse.

I hope this helps

oldmstnggt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stevebenz said:
ok... how do i replace it or bridge it?

P.S. im a newbie and is to scared to open my ds cuz i only have one DS

2nd P.S. i have a one of those fat DS and im using a ds lite would the fat ds come in handy?

-Thanks

To fix the fuse(s) you'll have to open your DS, this should help;

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_D...le_(blown_fuse)

You`ll need a tri-wing screwdriver, I find a good place to get the screwdriver is dealextreme (google it not sure if I can link to it) they are cheap but very slow most times. You`ll want to get sku.2905 it has both the Triwing x50, Cross x50 screwdrivers that you`ll need to open your DS.

Also you`ll need a soldering iron and solder (1mm or .5mm) if your going to bridge the fuse. The guide says to use a small peace of wire (not need) just lay a small amount of solder over top of the fuse covering both ends. Hpw ever I would recommend replacing the fuse and not bridging it. (your call)

Be very careful when taking the DS apart and putting it back together so that you don`t brake the power switch. for the price of a replacement one from dealextreme it would not hurt to buy one or two to have on hand (sku.15610).

If your to "scared" to open your DS it would not hurt to ask around where you are and see if any one there can do it. (may have to pay for the service)

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also