Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blah,blah,blah I dont need one
XP
Country
(MUST HAVE READ MY FIRST PROBLEM)
MY REASON:
Shortly after my R4 crashed i wanted to play my normal games like Animal Crossing...and GUESS WHAT MY DS DOESNT TURN ON (T_T)...I obviously figured that my battery might be flat...I tried my charger doesnt work! i keeps flashing on then off...then it charges im like YES!!!! but it only charges for 1 second! then it turns off i tried turning it on...DEAD! my ds is still dead so i tried charging it again same thing happened...one morning i saw the orange light
yaynds.gif
YAY!!! i touched the DS lite,the light goes away then i tried turning it on ITS STILL DEAD!!!! then i thought the battery is out of place so i chucked it like this
hate2.gif
and i think i stomped on it...but it still doesnt charge....

REAL QUESTION:
Does anyone have ANY idea at ALL!! please let me know im begging you... IM GOING CRAZY
wacko.gif
and my big bro is like
lecture.gif
"STOP SMASHING THE DS!!"

The Judge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was probably foolish of you to as you so describe from the emoticon, to jump on your DS. You should just open up the battery lid (is that what its called?) with a screwdriver and just make sure the battery is in place. I've seen this problem before where the DS shuts on and off, it could be a cable is not connected correctly. Then again, the battery might have just simply died, but I highly doubt it. It's quite a strange problem you have here.

Stevebenz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blah,blah,blah I dont need one
XP
Country
thanks but i would have opened it up before but the screw thats holding it is to small and i dont think that i have any screwdriver that small but i will look for one XD

EDIT: when you mean simply died do you mean like its not rechargeable? anyway once the ds turned on while the 1 second charge was on and the charger was working but the ds had to be on any suggestions?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me on my old DS lite. Well on my old DS lite I had this problem where I pushed a button like B or something and the DS shut up by itself, and the DS lite was perfect no hinge problems or anything. The only game I played was Mario hoops, no buttons needed. After a month I wanted to charge the DS lite to play mario hoops, the DS didn't charge I put it on the charger and the orange light just went up for 1 sec and stopped. Then I put it back in kept trying and finally it started to charge but when I tried to turn it on both screens lit up and then turned off... I don't no what I did but after a week it finally worked. But it still turned off by itself when I pressed B so I just got a new DS.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell same thing happened to me today. My battery isn't dead but its already red but green on the worse light. When I try to charge it the orange light lits up for about 5-10 sec and then it stops. I opened the DS lite to take out the battery and it was inserted good inside. And I took it out and put it back in. After that I put the DS on charge the orange light lit up for about 30sec and then shut off again. But when I turn on the DS and put the charger inside the orange light lits up forever and when I turn the DS off the orange light also turns off.

Any help?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys have blown a fuse on the DS mainboard. If I remember correctly its either F1 or F2 (they should be labeled). It's a simple solder fix if you are confident in your own abilities. Just google for the fix and you should be ok. If it's still under warranty, Nintendo will fix this one for free. As lonbg as you make it sound like it wasn't your fault the fuse blew. When it happened to my niece, I just told them one day she turned it on and it just turned off and now doesn't work. Really she put the DS in her purse without anything in slot-1 or slot-2. Some pennies got jammed in both slots and shorted something and blew a fuse.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
You guys have blown a fuse on the DS mainboard. If I remember correctly its either F1 or F2 (they should be labeled). It's a simple solder fix if you are confident in your own abilities. Just google for the fix and you should be ok. If it's still under warranty, Nintendo will fix this one for free. As lonbg as you make it sound like it wasn't your fault the fuse blew. When it happened to my niece, I just told them one day she turned it on and it just turned off and now doesn't work. Really she put the DS in her purse without anything in slot-1 or slot-2. Some pennies got jammed in both slots and shorted something and blew a fuse.

But my DS still turns on perfectly... It just does not charge.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
cornaljoe said:

But my DS still turns on perfectly... It just does not charge.

Heh, sorry I only read "This happened to me too". Now your problem I never heard of, but it just seems the battery is bad. Since it still turns on and works when charger is in. Try to get another battery to test to see if the same problems occur.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the DS still turns on when the battery is in without the charger since my Battery isn't dead yet its like halfway. But the charger doesn't seam to charge the DS for some reason. This started to happen to me when I was playing Kh 358/2 Days on my R4.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whoa this is scary is there any way to prevent this i have a r4ds(original) and a ttds and 2 8gb sdhc cards btw what causes these fuses to blow up

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
best thing to do is nintendo... since u live in US then that shouldnt be a prob (unlike if it happened to me or.. i guess just me)
i think it could be the charger but it could also be tht yer ds is fully charged... i am suspecting something more than the charger and possibly battery or fuse blown...
seriously go for nintendo but keep away from telling them tht it was an r4 that crashed before this happened... something like "i don't know why it happened..." would be the best answer

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
whoa this is scary is there any way to prevent this i have a r4ds(original) and a ttds and 2 8gb sdhc cards btw what causes these fuses to blow up

too much power draw, flashcards draw more power than standard cartridges, and fake R4s are rather notorious for causing surges that blow the fuses in the DS. this is why you should spend the few extra £$€ for a decent flashcard kids.

fixing is rather easy, just jumper the fuse with a small piece of wire. Of course if the is ever a real power surge your ds could explode; but hand soldering real fuses is rather difficult I am afraid.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 didn't crash.... I was playing kingdom hearts on the R4 and my DS was on charge it was charging. After that I saved and didn't want to play so I turned the DS off and as soon as I turned it off the DS stopped charging I took out the charger put it back in and the Charge light lit up for 3 sec and then shut off. It keeps doing that it only lights up forever if I keep the DS on.

EDIT: Don't have warranty I got the DS like 2 years ago.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and also do you guys think its my charger that is broken or my battery? Both worked very good yesterday. I don't think its my battery because my DS could still turn on. My battery is like 50% full.

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your DS's f1 circuit has been fried. Completely bricked DS unless you want to solder wires to correct ports on the mother bored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.