OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
hello!

I wanted to ask how to connect the wii to the internet? can I just use a dsl modem directly?

*main question*, I read that to connect to the internet for the first time, would the update(if there is one) harm my wii?

Thanks.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tdlo123 said:
hello!

I wanted to ask how to connect the wii to the internet? can I just use a dsl modem directly?

*main question*, I read that to connect to the internet for the first time, would the update(if there is one) harm my wii?

Thanks.

1. yes. my modem sucks with wi-fi so i cant connect mine, but homebrew kicks so much ass i just dont care
laugh.gif

2. no.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:
hello!
Hello.

tdlo123 said:
connect the wii to the internet? can I just use a dsl modem directly?
You can't just plus in a modem and it'll work. You can either buy a LAN Adapter (not recommended) or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. You can only get those from the internet. Or you could just get a Wireless Router, which is a hell of a lot easier.

tdlo123
I read that to connect to the internet for the first time, would the update(if there is one) harm my wii?
It will ask for an update, yes, but you can decline it if you don't want it. If you use Datel's Freeloader or Action Replay, or you have a drive chip and you modify the game (Trucha Sign it) then you want to decline. If you don't have or use any of the stated, then you can update fine. If you ever want to move down (3.3E/U/J to 3.2E/U/J) then you could always use the downgrader that there is a thread about on this forum, but there's really no need to.

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Livin in a box said:
tdlo123 said:
hello!
Hello.

tdlo123 said:
You can't just plus in a modem and it'll work. You can either buy a LAN Adapter (not recommended) or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. You can only get those from the internet. Or you could just get a Wireless Router, which is a hell of a lot easier.

tdlo123
I read that to connect to the internet for the first time, would the update(if there is one) harm my wii?
It will ask for an update, yes, but you can decline it if you don't want it. If you use Datel's Freeloader or Action Replay, or you have a drive chip and you modify the game (Trucha Sign it) then you want to decline. If you don't have or use any of the stated, then you can update fine. If you ever want to move down (3.3E/U/J to 3.2E/U/J) then you could always use the downgrader that there is a thread about on this forum, but there's really no need to.

but will I need to update it later?

just wondering

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not unless you want to. You can always remove any updates from games before you run them on your Wii.

Also, there's always the option to downgrade at any time.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
tdlo123 said:
Livin in a box said:
tdlo123 said:
hello!
Hello.

tdlo123 said:

tdlo123

but will I need to update it later?

just wondering
No. But, maybe if you want to play Animal Crossing, I think there may be and update before its release to 'get it ready' for WiiSpeak. It mught be on the disc, but new hardware=new update. New update=something else could be blocked...

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
tdlo123 said:
hello!
Hello.

tdlo123 said:

tdlo123

How is it not recommended? it is safer and faster than Wi-Fi

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
Not recommended for him since he has a modem, not a router. I have one, but the Ethernet cable is being used to connect the router to the computer...

tdlo123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Livin in a box said:
tdlo123 said:
hello!
Hello.

tdlo123 said:

tdlo123

so I can use a DSL modem+ wireless router and It's done?

or can I just do this? (It might be stupid)

connect my laptop to a wireless network and, then connect the DSL modem to the wii and then the line to the laptop?

probably not...

and what is SSID?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users