Hacking Another noob all at sea!

vanzan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a slim rgh'd. Can someone please tell me what I should do next? I purchased a 1tb 2.5" drive but I am waiting for the caddy to arrive before I start tinkering.

I've been doing a lot of Googling but there's an awful lot of dated advice out there. I checked DinOhScene's tutorials here but they're from last year...are they still relevant? No offence! :)

Basically I got a few game iso from torrents and want to play them using Free Style off the 2.5" drive.

I really don't know if I'll want to go online at a later date but I think I'd need to get a copy of the original NAND from the person who modded it for me and use jrunner...correct? Now would be the best time to ask I suppose!

Thanks for any help as at the moment this stuff is beating me!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Their still relevant yep, the FSD installing tut and the updating tut still apply to future updates.
The XeXmenu ISO is a little outdated unfortunately (only dashlaunch, but that can be circumvented by downloading the latest one 3.12, as of now)

If you do want to go online with it, you'll have to purchase a Dual NAND chip (or constantly hardware flash it, which I don't advice doing so since it quickly degrades the NAND)
Be aware that launching homebrew on your profile is detectable by MS and is bannable, FSD and emulators as well.
So keep your profile on which you play games and launch homebrew/FSD separated at all times!

Best is to use a legit HDD for online gameplay and a hacked one (with FSD) for your hacked side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...